Urban governance and finance in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Bandyopadhyay, Simanti & Rao, M. Govinda, 2009.
"Fiscal health of selected Indian cities,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4863, The World Bank.
- M.Govinda Rao & Simanti Bandyopadhyay, 2009. "Fiscal Health of Selected Indian Cities," Working Papers id:2058, eSocialSciences.
- Simanti Bandyopadhyay & M. Govinda Rao, 2009. "Fiscal Health of Selected Indian Cities," Development Economics Working Papers 22970, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Bandyopadhyay,Simanti & M. Govinda Rao, 2009. "Fiscal health of selected Indian cities," Working Papers 09/58, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- R. Kavita Rao, 2008. "Goods and Services Tax for India," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22976, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Enid Slack & Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura & José Miguel Fernández Güell & Eduardo Rojas & Richard Bird & Jeroen Klink & Christian Lefévre & Joan Subirats & Quim Brugué & Andrés Monzón & Alberto Etchegaray, 2005. "Governing the Metropolis: Principles and Cases," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 79939 edited by Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura & José Miguel Fernández Güell & Eduardo Rojas, February.
- János Kornai, 2014. "The soft budget constraint," Acta Oeconomica, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 64(supplemen), pages 25-79, November.
- Breton,Albert, 1996. "Competitive Governments," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521481021, December.
- Richard M. Bird & François Vaillancourt, 2006. "Perspectives on Fiscal Federalism," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6953, June.
- Jonathan A. Rodden & Gunnar S. Eskeland (ed.), 2003. "Fiscal Decentralization and the Challenge of Hard Budget Constraints," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262182297, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Henstra & Jason Thistlethwaite, 2017. "Climate Change, Floods, and Municipal Risk Sharing in Canada," IMFG Papers 30, University of Toronto, Institute on Municipal Finance and Governance.
- Sharma, Purva, 2020. "Opportunities and struggles of decentralized governance reform for urban municipalities in India," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 17(C).
- Simanti Bandyopadhyay, 2012. "Performance Evaluation of Urban Local Governments: A Case for Indian Cities," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1232, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Simanti Bandyopadhyay, 2013. "Property Tax Reforms in India: A Comparison of Delhi and Bangalore," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1321, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
More about this item
KeywordsIndia; Urban public finance; Urban governance; Intergovernmental fiscal relations; Property tax; Metropolitan areas; Infrastructure finance;
- R51 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Finance in Urban and Rural Economies
- H70 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2010-06-04 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2010-06-04 (Development)
- NEP-GEO-2010-06-04 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2010-06-04 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-06-04 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:npf:wpaper:10/68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (S.Siva Chidambaram) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask S.Siva Chidambaram to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.nipfp.org.in .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.