Negotiating the Terms of A New Social Contract: Private Companies, Civil Society and the State in India
A detailed analysis of the stakes and dynamics at play in the public, civil and self-regulation of companies in India is offered. With the rapid growth and modernization of the country as the backdrop, this paper points towards a reconfiguration of relationships and the balance of power among market players, the state and civil society organizations.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Agnes Huchon & Guillaume Tricot, 2008. "Between Citizens and Institutions: The Dyamics of the Integration of Water Supply and Sanitation Services in Hyderabad," Working Papers id:1555, eSocialSciences.
- Deepa Menon Choudhary & Shukla P R & Jean-Charles Hourcade & Sandrine Mathy, 2008. "Alinging Development, Air Quality and Climate Policies for Muliple Dividends," Working Papers id:1399, eSocialSciences.
- Rongili Biswas & Sugata Marjit & Velayoudom Marimoutou, 2009. "Fiscal Federalism, State Lobbying and Discretionary Finance in India," Working Papers id:1842, eSocialSciences.
- Nicolas Gravel, 2007.
"Is India Better off Today Than 15 Years Ago? A Robust Multidimensional Answer,"
- Nicolas Gravel & Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay, 2010. "Is India better off today than 15 years ago? A robust multidimensional answer," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 173-195, June.
- Nicolas Gravel & Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay, 2007. "Is India Better off Today than 15 Years ago? A Robust Multidimensional Answer," IDEP Working Papers 0704, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised 18 May 2007.
- Bruno Dorin & Nicolas Flamant & Pierre Lachaier & Anne Vaugier-Chatterjee, 2000. "Le patronat en Inde," Working Papers hal-00137619, HAL.
- Mazumdar, Surajit, 2008. "Crony Capitalism and India: Before and After Liberalization," MPRA Paper 19627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Parthapratim Pal & Jayati Ghosh, 2007. "Inequality in India: A survey of recent trends," Working Papers 45, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Jeremy Baskin & Kathryn Gordon, 2005. "Corporate Responsibility Practices of Emerging Market Companies," OECD Working Papers on International Investment 2005/3, OECD Publishing.
- Roy, Satyaki, 2007. "Structural change in employment in India since 1980s: How Lewisian is it?," MPRA Paper 18009, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Mohan Guruswamy & Ronald Joseph Abraham, 2006. "Redefining the Poverty Line in India," Public Policy Review, Institute for Public Policy Research, vol. 13(3), pages 191-199.
- Sir Nicholas Stern, 2006. "What is the Economics of Climate Change?," World Economics, World Economics, Economic & Financial Publishing, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 7(2), pages 1-10, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2394. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.