Inequality in India: A survey of recent trends
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Angus Deaton & Jean Dreze, 2002. "Poverty and Inequality in India: A Re-Examination," Working Papers 184, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- repec:pri:rpdevs:deaton_dreze_poverty_india is not listed on IDEAS
- Angus Deaton & Valerie Kozel, 2005. "Data and Dogma: The Great Indian Poverty Debate," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 20(2), pages 177-199.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roy, Chandan & Roy Mukherjee, Sanchari & Ghosh, Shantanu, 2012. "Sericulture as an Employment Generating Household Industry in West Bengal," MPRA Paper 43672, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2012.
- Rambarran, Richard, 2014. "The Socio-Economic Status of Women in the Urban Slums of India," MPRA Paper 62736, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peggy Levitt & N. Rajaram, 2013. "The Migration–Development Nexus and Organizational Time," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 483-507, September.
- Srinivas, Goli, 2014. "Demographic convergence and its linkage with health inequalities in India," MPRA Paper 79823, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Dec 2014.
- repec:spr:jsecdv:v:19:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s40847-017-0034-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chalasani, Satvika, 2012. "Understanding wealth-based inequalities in child health in India: A decomposition approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(12), pages 2160-2169.
- Pathak, Praveen Kumar & Singh, Abhishek, 2011. "Trends in malnutrition among children in India: Growing inequalities across different economic groups," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(4), pages 576-585, August.
- Damien Krichewsky, 2010. "Negotiating the Terms of A New Social Contract: Private Companies, Civil Society and the State in India," Working Papers id:2394, eSocialSciences.
- Amit Basole & Deepankar Basu, 2015. "Non-Food Expenditures and Consumption Inequality in India," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2015-06, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsIndia; inequality; poverty; growth and distribution; macroeconomic policies;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-07-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-07-07 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2007-07-07 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:une:wpaper:45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aimee Gao). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desunus.html .