Are all labor regulations equal ? Assessing the effects of job security, labor dispute, and contract labor laws in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- MacKellar, Landis & Woergoetter, Andreas & Woerz, Julia, 2000. "Economic Development Problems of Landlocked Countries," Transition Economics Series 14, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Raballand, Gael & Kunth, Antoine & Auty, Richard, 2005. "Central Asia's transport cost burden and its impact on trade," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 6-31, March.
- W. J. Baumol & H. D. Vinod, 1970. "An Inventory Theoretic Model of Freight Transport Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(7), pages 413-421, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carmen Pagés-Serra & Reyes Aterido & Mary Hallward-Driemeier, 2007.
"Investment Climate and Employment Growth: The Impact of Access to Finance, Corruption and Regulations Across Firms,"
Research Department Publications
4559, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Reyes Aterido & Mary Hallward-Driemeier & Carmen Pagés, 2007. "Investment Climate and Employment Growth: The Impact of Access to Finance, Corruption and Regulations across Firms," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3301, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Aterido, Reyes & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Pagés, Carmen, 2007. "Investment Climate and Employment Growth: The Impact of Access to Finance, Corruption and Regulations Across Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 3138, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John Bennett, 2010.
"Informal firms in developing countries: entrepreneurial stepping stone or consolation prize?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 53-63, January.
- Bennett, John, 2009. "Informal Firms in Developing Countries: Entrepreneurial Stepping Stone or Consolation Prize?," WIDER Working Paper Series 019, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- World Bank, 2010. "Turkey - Country Economic Memorandum Informality : Causes, Consequences, Policies," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2843, The World Bank.
- Carmen Pagés & Claudio E. Montenegro, 2007.
"Job security and the age-composition of employment: evidence from Chile,"
Estudios de Economia,
University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 34(2 Year 20), pages 109-139, December.
- Carmen Pagés & Claudio E. Montenegro, 1999. "Job Security and the Age-Composition of Employment: Evidence from Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1093, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Carmen Pagés-Serra & Reyes Aterido & Mary Hallward-Driemeier, 2007. "Clima de negocios y creación de empleo: El efecto del acceso al crédito, la corrupción y el marco regulatorio en el crecimiento de las empresas," Research Department Publications 4560, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Petia Topalova, 2008. "India; Is the Rising Tide Lifting All Boats?," IMF Working Papers 08/54, International Monetary Fund.
- John Bennett, 2008. "Formality, Informality, and Social Welfare," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-06, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Abidoye, Babatunde & Orazem, Peter & Vodopivec, Milan, 2008.
"Firing Cost and Firm Size: A Study of Sri Lanka's Severance Pay System,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
12922, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Abidoye, Babatunde & Orazem, Peter F. & Vodopivec, Milan, 2009. "Firing cost and firm size : a study of Sri Lanka's severance pay system," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 50671, The World Bank.
- Gupta, Abhay, 2009. "Pre-reform Conditions, Intermediate Inputs and Distortions: Solving the Indian Growth Puzzle," MPRA Paper 14481, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Petia Topalova, 2010.
"Factor Immobility and Regional Impacts of Trade Liberalization: Evidence on Poverty from India,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 1-41, October.
- Petia Topalova, 2010. "Factor Immobility and Regional Impacts of Trade Liberalization Evidenceon Poverty From India," IMF Working Papers 10/218, International Monetary Fund.
- Amin, Mohammad, 2008. "Labor regulation and employment in India's retail stores," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 44492, The World Bank.
- Gupta, Poonam & Hasan, Rana & Kumar, Utsav, 2009. "Big Reforms but Small Payoffs: Explaining the Weak Record of Growth and Employment in Indian Manufacturing," MPRA Paper 13496, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fox, Louise & Oviedo, Ana Maria, 2008. "Institutions and labor market outcomes in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4721, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor Markets; Labor Standards; Labor Management and Relations; Public Sector Regulation; Legal Products;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-06-30 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2007-06-30 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2007-06-30 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-REG-2007-06-30 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi) or (Pavel Petrov). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .