Relative Effectiveness of Monetary and Fiscal Policies on Output Growth in Bangladesh: A VAR Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- James Tobin, 1970. "Money and Income: Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 301-317.
- Ahmed, Ehsan & Johannes, James M, 1984. "St. Louis Equation Restrictions and Criticisms Revisited: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 514-520, November.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1994.
"Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(4), pages 631-653.
- Newey, W.K. & West, K.D., 1992. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," Working papers 9220, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kenneth D. West & Whitney K. Newey, 1995. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gramlich, Edward M, 1971. "The Usefulness of Monetary and Fiscal Policy as Discretionary Stabilization Tools," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 506-532, May.
- Hasan , Mohammad S., 2001. "Monetary and Fiscal Impacts on Economic Activities in Bangladesh: Further Evidence," Bangladesh Development Studies, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 27(4), pages 101-120, December.
- Keith M. Carlson, 1978. "Does the St. Louis equation now believe in fiscal policy?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 60(Feb), pages 13-19.
- James Tobin, 1970. "Rejoinder," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 328-329.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Herman Bennett & Norman Loayza, 2002.
"Policy Biases when the Monetary and Fiscal Authorities Have Different Objectives,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Norman Loayza & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series (ed.),Monetary Policy: Rules and Transmission Mechanisms, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 11, pages 299-330,
Central Bank of Chile.
- Herman Bennett C. & Norman Loayza O., 2000. "Policy Biases when the Monetary and Fiscal Authorities have Different Objectives," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 3(2), pages 53-72, August.
- Herman Bennett & Norman Loayza, 2000. "Policy Biases when the Monetary and Fiscal Authorities have Different Objectives," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 66, Central Bank of Chile.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- NAJAM us SAQIB & ATTIYA YASMIN, 1987. "Some Econometric Evidence on the Relative Importance of Monetary and Fiscal Policy in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 26(4), pages 541-551.
- Ali F. Darrat, 1984. "The Dominant Influence of Fiscal Actions in Developing Countries," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 271-284, Jul-Sep.
- Friedman, Benjamin M, 1977. "Even the St. Louis Model Now Believes in Fiscal Policy: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 365-367, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Xu, Haifeng & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2012. "Dynamic linkages of stock prices between the BRICs and the United States: Effects of the 2008–09 financial crisis," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 344-352.
- M. T. Alguacil & V. Orts, 2003.
"Inward Foreign Direct Investment and Imports in Spain,"
International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 19-38.
- M. T. Alguacil & V. Orts, "undated". "Inward Foreign Direct Investment and Imports in Spain," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 02-01, FEDEA.
- M. T. Alguacil & Vicente Orts, 2002. "Inward Foreign Direct Investment And Imports In Spain," Working Papers 02-01, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Eleni Constantinou & Avo Kazandjian & Georgios P. Kouretas & Vera Tahmazian, 2008.
"Common Stochastic Trends Among The Cyprus Stock Exchange And The Ase, Lse And Nyse,"
Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(4), pages 327-349, October.
- Eleni Constantinou & Avo Kazandjian & George Kouretas & Vera Tahmazian, 2005. "Common Stochastic Trends among the Cyprus Stock Exchange and the ASE, LSE and NYSE," Working Papers 0520, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Adel A. Al-Sharkas & Marwan Al-Zoubi, 2011. "Stock Prices and Inflation: Evidence from Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Morocco," Working Papers 653, Economic Research Forum, revised 12 Jan 2011.
- Kyriakos Emmanouilidis & Christos Karpetis, 2020. "The Defense–Growth Nexus: A Review of Time Series Methods and Empirical Results," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 86-104, January.
- Alexander Schätz & Steffen Sebastian, 2009. "The links between property and the economy -- evidence from the British and German markets," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 171-191, September.
- Sunday Osahon Igbinedion & Frank Iyekoretin Ogbeide, 2016. "Monetary Policy and Manufacturing Capacity Utilization: Further Evidence from Nigeria," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 14(2), pages 159-174.
- Nieh, Chien-Chung & Yau, Hwey-Yun, 2004. "Time series analysis for the interest rates relationships among China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan money markets," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 171-188, February.
- Panayiotis Diamandis & Georgios Kouretas, 1995.
"Cointegration and market efficiency: a time series analysis of the Greek drachma,"
Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(8), pages 271-277.
- Panayiotis Diamantis & George Kouretas, "undated". "COINTEGRATION AND MARKET EFFICIENCY: A Time Series Analysis of the Greek Drachma," Working Papers 9412, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Chien-Chung Nieh & Hwey-Yun Yau & Ken Hung & Hong-Kou Ou & Shine Hung, 2013. "Cointegration and causal relationships among steel prices of Mainland China, Taiwan, and USA in the presence of multiple structural changes," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 545-561, April.
- Mohammed Nur HUSSAIN & Nam HOANG, 2014. "Effects of Fiscal, Monetary, and Exchange rate policies on Output in 12 Asian Economies, 1974-2007," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 14(2).
- Hamori, Shigeyuki & Hamori, Naoko, 2000. "An empirical analysis of economic fluctuations in Japan: 1885-1940," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 11-19, January.
- Bai, Qian & Zhang, Shou Ting & Wang, Wen Li & Wang, Zhang Jun, 2015. "Variance of graphite import–export volume and price in China for 2003–2012: A time-series analysis," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 65-70.
- Athanasenas, Athanasios L., 2010. "Credit, income, and causality: A contemporary co-integration analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(1), pages 194-205, February.
- Dimitris Georgoutsos & Georgios Kouretas, 2000.
"The pound sterling and the franc Poincare in the 1920s: long-run relationships, speculation and temporal stability,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(5), pages 471-482.
- Dimitris Georgoutsos & George Kouretas, "undated". "The Pound Sterling And Franc Poincare In The 1920s: Long-Run Relationships, Speculation And Temporal Stability," Working Papers 9502, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Chu, Kam Hon, 2010. "Bank mergers, branch networks and economic growth: Theory and evidence from Canada, 1889-1926," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 265-283, March.
- Richard Tiffin & P. J. Dawson, 2002. "The Demand for Calories: Some Further Estimates from Zimbabwe," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 221-232, July.
- Chaido Dritsaki & Melina Dritsaki, 2010. "Government Expenditure and National Income: Causality Tests for Twelve New Members of E.E," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 13(38), pages 67-89, December.
- Xu, Xiaojie, 2014. "Causality and Price Discovery in U.S. Corn Markets: An Application of Error Correction Modeling and Directed Acyclic Graphs," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169806, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zhou, Kaile & Li, Yiwen, 2019. "Influencing factors and fluctuation characteristics of China’s carbon emission trading price," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 524(C), pages 459-474.
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary policy; fiscal policy; Bangladesh; vector auto regression (VAR); variance decompositions (VDCs); impulse response function (IRF); Monetaryâ€” Fiscal Game; St. Louis equations.;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2009-07-11 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MAC-2009-07-11 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2009-07-11 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Padma Prakash (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.