Relative Effectiveness of Monetary and Fiscal Policies on Output Growth in Bangladesh: A VAR Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1994.
"Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(4), pages 631-653.
- Newey, W.K. & West, K.D., 1992. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," Working papers 9220, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kenneth D. West & Whitney K. Newey, 1995. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keith M. Carlson, 1978. "Does the St. Louis equation now believe in fiscal policy?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Feb, pages 13-19.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Herman Bennett & Norman Loayza, 2002.
"Policy Biases when the Monetary and Fiscal Authorities Have Different Objectives,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Norman Loayza & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series (ed.), Monetary Policy: Rules and Transmission Mechanisms, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 11, pages 299-330,
Central Bank of Chile.
- Herman Bennett C. & Norman Loayza O., 2000. "Policy Biases when the Monetary and Fiscal Authorities have Different Objectives," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 3(2), pages 53-72, August.
- Herman Bennett & Norman Loayza, 2000. "Policy Biases when the Monetary and Fiscal Authorities have Different Objectives," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 66, Central Bank of Chile.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Ahmed, Ehsan & Johannes, James M, 1984. "St. Louis Equation Restrictions and Criticisms Revisited: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 514-520, November.
- repec:ris:badest:0426 is not listed on IDEAS
- James Tobin, 1970. "Rejoinder," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 328-329.
- Ali F. Darrat, 1984. "The Dominant Influence of Fiscal Actions in Developing Countries," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 271-284, Jul-Sep.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- NAJAM us SAQIB & ATTIYA YASMIN, 1987. "Some Econometric Evidence on the Relative Importance of Monetary and Fiscal Policy in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 26(4), pages 541-551.
- Friedman, Benjamin M, 1977. "Even the St. Louis Model Now Believes in Fiscal Policy: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 365-367, May.
- James Tobin, 1970. "Money and Income: Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 301-317.
- Gramlich, Edward M, 1971. "The Usefulness of Monetary and Fiscal Policy as Discretionary Stabilization Tools," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 506-532, May.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary policy; fiscal policy; Bangladesh; vector auto regression (VAR); variance decompositions (VDCs); impulse response function (IRF); Monetaryâ€” Fiscal Game; St. Louis equations.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2009-07-11 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MAC-2009-07-11 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2009-07-11 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .