A Framework for Pension Policy Analysis in Ireland: PENMOD, a Dynamic Simulation Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Callan, Tim & van de Ven, Justin & Keane, Claire & O'Connell, Philip J., 2012. "A Framework for Pension Policy Analysis in Ireland: PENMOD, a Dynamic Simulation Model," Book Chapters,in: Callan, Tim (ed.), Analysing Pensions: Modelling and Policy Issues, pages 43-101 Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Lee, Bong-Soo & Ingram, Beth Fisher, 1991. "Simulation estimation of time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 197-205, February.
- Richard Blundell & Martin Browning & Costas Meghir, 1994.
"Consumer Demand and the Life-Cycle Allocation of Household Expenditures,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(1), pages 57-80.
- Richard Blundell & Martin Browning & Costas Meghir, 1993. "Consumer demand and the life-cycle allocation of household expenditures," IFS Working Papers W93/11, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sara Connolly & Mary Gregory, 2008.
"Moving Down: Women's Part-Time Work and Occupational Change in Britain 1991-2001,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(526), pages 52-76, February.
- Connolly, Sara & Gregory, Mary, 2007. "Moving Down: Women’s Part-time Work and Occupational Change in Britain 1991–2001," IZA Discussion Papers 3106, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mary Gregory & Sara Connolly, 2007. "Moving Down: Women`s Part-time Work and Occupational Change in Britain 1991-2001," Economics Series Working Papers 359, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Munnell, Alicia H., 1991. "Are Pensions Worth the Cost?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 44(3), pages 393-403, September.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Jonathan A. Parker, 2002.
"Consumption Over the Life Cycle,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 47-89, January.
- Gourinchas, P.O. & Parker, J.A., 1997. "Consumption Over the Life Cycle," Working papers 9722, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Jonathan A. Parker, 1999. "Consumption Over the Life Cycle," NBER Working Papers 7271, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gourinchas, Pierre-Olivier & Parker, Jonathan A, 2000. "Consumption Over the Life-Cycle," CEPR Discussion Papers 2345, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Tauchen, George, 1996. "Which Moments to Match?," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 657-681, October.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988. "Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 339-357, April.
- repec:nsr:niesrd:283 is not listed on IDEAS
- James Sefton & Justin vandeVen & Martin Weale, 2008.
"Means Testing Retirement Benefits: fostering equity or discouraging savings?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 556-590, April.
- Dr Justin van de Ven & Dr Martin Weale, 2006. "Means Testing Retirement Benefits: fostering equity or discouraging savings?," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 283, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Julio J. Rotemberg & Lawrence H. Summers, 1985. "Intertemporal Substitution in Macroeconomics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(1), pages 225-251.
- Michal Myck & Gillian Paull, 2001.
"The role of employment experience in explaining the gender wage gap,"
IFS Working Papers
W01/18, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Michal Myck & Gillian Paull, 2004. "The role of employment experience in explaining the gender wage gap," IFS Working Papers W04/16, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Richard Disney & Carl Emmerson & Matthew Wakefield, 2007. "Tax reform and retirement saving incentives: evidence from the introduction of stakeholder pensions in the UK," IFS Working Papers W07/19, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Susann Rohwedder, 2003. "Pension Wealth and Household Saving: Evidence from Pension Reforms in the United Kingdom," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1499-1521, December.
- David Laibson, 1997. "Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 443-478.
- Callan, Tim & Keane, Claire & Walsh, John R., 2009. "Pension Policy: New Evidence on Key Issues," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS14.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van de Ven, Justin, 2017. "SIDD: An adaptable framework for analysing the distributional implications of policy alternatives where savings and employment decisions matter," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 161-174.
More about this item
Keywordsdata/Dynamic Programming; Savings; Labor Supply; Pensions/Individuals/Ireland;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2011-08-29 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2011-08-29 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-DGE-2011-08-29 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:wpaper:wp400. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esriiie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.