Technical Description of Eur3: A Prototype European Tax-Benefit Model
This research note describes the three national modules used in Eur3, a prototype three country microsimulation model covering France, Italy and the United Kingdom. This prototype was part of a preliminary study to investigate the feasibility of constructing a large scale 15 country model for the whole European Union. The prototype model has been used in Bourguignon et al. (1997) to carry out a number of European wide reforms, including European wide Child Benefits and Basic Incomes and reforms to social insurance contributions.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: RAB Butler Building, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, ESSEX C04 3SQ|
Phone: +44 (0)1206 872957
Fax: +44 (0)1206 873151
Web page: https://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/euromod/microsimulation-unit
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bourguignon, F. & O'Donoghue, C. & Sastre-Descals, J. & Spadara, A. & Utili, F., 1997.
"Eur3: A Prototype European Tax-Benefit Model,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9723, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Callan, Tim & Sutherland, Holly, 1997. "The impact of comparable policies in European countries: Microsimulation approaches," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 627-633, April.
- Callan T & O'donoghue C & Sutherland H, 1999. "Comparative Analysis of Basic Income Proposals: UK and Ireland," Microsimulation Unit Research Notes MU/RN/31, Microsimulation Unit at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Cathal O'Donoghue & Martin Evans, 1998. "Recasting Safety Nets: Reforming Social Assistance in Germany, Ireland and the United Kingdom," Papers WP098, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Donoghue, C. & Evans, M., 1998. "Recasting Safety Nets: Reforming Social Assistance in Germany, Ireland and the United Kingdom," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9817, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Bouguignon, F. & Chiappori, P. A., 1988. "What do we learn about tax reform from international comparisons? France and Britain," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 343-352, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ese:msimrn:mu/rn/25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jonathan Nears)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.