The distributional effects of austerity measures: a comparison of six EU countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tim Callan & Brian Nolan & Claire Keane & John R. Walsh, 2010. "Inequality and the Crisis: The Distributional Impact of Tax Increases and Welfare and Public Sector Pay Cuts," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 41(4), pages 461-471.
- André Decoster & Jason Loughrey & Cathal O'Donoghue & Dirk Verwerft, 2010. "How regressive are indirect taxes? A microsimulation analysis for five European countries," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2), pages 326-350.
- Callan, Tim & Keane, Claire & Walsh, John R. & Lane, Marguerita, 2010. "From Data to Policy Analysis: Tax-Benefit Modelling using SILC 2008," Papers WP359, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Figari & Alari Paulus, 2015.
"The Distributional Effects of Taxes and Transfers Under Alternative Income Concepts,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 43(3), pages 347-372, May.
- Francesco Figari & Paulus, A. (Alari), 2012. "GINI DP 28: The impact of indirect taxes and imputed rent on inequality: A comparison with cash transfers and direct taxes in five EU countries," GINI Discussion Papers 28, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Carlos Farinha Rodrigues & Isabel Andrade, 2013. "The Age-Old Problem of Old Age Poverty in Portugal," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/27, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- European Commission, 2013. "Tax reforms in EU Member States - Tax policy challenges for economic growth and fiscal sustainability – 2013 Report," Taxation Papers 38, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Michal Brzezinski, 2015.
"Inequality of opportunity in Europe before and after the Great Recession,"
353, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2015. "Inequality of opportunity in Europe before and after the Great Recession," Working Papers 2015-02, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Koutsampelas, Christos & Polycarpou, Alexandros, 2013. "Austerity and the income distribution: the case of Cyprus," EUROMOD Working Papers EM4/13, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Manos Matsaganis & Chrysa Leventi, 2014. "Distributive Effects of the Crisis and Austerity in Seven EU Countries," ImPRovE Working Papers 14/04, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Holly Sutherland & Francesco Figari, 2013.
"EUROMOD: the European Union tax-benefit microsimulation model,"
International Journal of Microsimulation,
International Microsimulation Association, vol. 1(6), pages 4-26.
- Sutherland, Holly & Figari, Francesco, 2013. "EUROMOD: the European Union tax-benefit microsimulation model," EUROMOD Working Papers EM8/13, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Carlos Farinha Rodrigues & Isabel Andrade, 2016. "The Age-Old Problem Of Old Age Poverty In Portugal, 2006 – 14," Working Papers Department of Economics 2016/24, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Mariña Fernández Salgado & Francesco Figari & Holly Sutherland & Alberto Tumino, 2014.
"Welfare Compensation for Unemployment in the Great Recession,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(S1), pages 177-204, May.
- Fernandez Salgado, MariÃ±a & Figari, Francesco & Sutherland, Holly & Tumino, Alberto, 2012. "Welfare compensation for unemployment in the Great Recession," EUROMOD Working Papers EM3/12, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Ayala-Nunes, Lara & Hidalgo García, Maria V & Jiménez, Lucía & Neves de Jesus, Saul, 2016. "Psychosocial Profile Of Spanish And Portuguese Family Preservation Users: An Analysis Of Needs And Intervention Clues," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve, vol. 4(1), pages 81-101.
- Stefan Bach & Peter Haan & Richard Ochmann, 2013. "Taxation of Married Couples in Germany and the UK: One-Earner Couples Make the Difference," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-24.
- Sebastian Leitner, 2013. "Analysis of Short and Medium Term Crisis Effects on Welfare and Poverty in SEE: Stress Testing Bulgarian and Romanian Households," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 111, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Pasi Moisio & Kirsi-Marja Lehtelä & Susanna Mukkila, 2014. "Estimating the poverty reduction effect of tax and benefit policies in Finland 1993-2013 using a microsimulation method," ImPRovE Working Papers 14/06, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Alexandros Karakitsios & Manos Matsaganis, 2018. "Minimum Wage Effects on Poverty and Inequality," DEOS Working Papers 1801, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Jaan Masso & K. Espenberg & Anu Masso & I. Mierina & Kaia Philips, 2013. "GINI Country Report: Growing Inequalities and their Impacts in the Baltic States Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania," GINI Country Reports baltics, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Figari, Francesco & Matsaganis, Manos & Sutherland, Holly, 2011. "The financial well-being of older people in Europe and the redistributive effects of minimum pension schemes," EUROMOD Working Papers EM7/11, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Leventi, Chrysa & Matsaganis, Manos, 2013. "Distributional implications of the crisis in Greece in 2009-2012," EUROMOD Working Papers EM14/13, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Ramon Ballester & Jackeline Velazco & Ricard Rigall-I-Torrent, 2015. "Effects of the Great Recession on Immigrants’ Household Consumption in Spain," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 771-797, September.
- FitzGerald, John, 2014. "The Distribution of Income and the Public Finances," Research Notes RN2014/2/4, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ese:emodwp:em6-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jonathan Nears). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rcessuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.