Unveiling Vertical State Downscaling: Identity and/or the Economy?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Costa-i-Font, Joan, 2010. "Unveiling vertical state downscaling: identity and/or the economy?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 27750, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Alesina & Enrico Spolaore, 1997. "On the Number and Size of Nations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1027-1056.
- Richard M Bird & Andrey V Tarasov, 2004.
"Closing the Gap: Fiscal Imbalances and Intergovernmental Transfers in Developed Federations,"
Environment and Planning C,
, vol. 22(1), pages 77-102, February.
- Richard M Bird & Andrey V Tarasov, 2004. "Closing the gap: fiscal imbalances and intergovernmental transfers in developed federations," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 22(1), pages 77-102, February.
- Richard Bird & Andrey Tarasov, 2002. "Closing the Gap: Fiscal Imbalaces and Intergovernmental Transfers in Developed Federations," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0202, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Ellingsen, Tore, 1998. "Externalities vs internalities: a model of political integration," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 251-268, May.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:02:p:209-229_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alesina, Alberto, 2003. "The Size of Countries: Does it Matter?," Scholarly Articles 4551794, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Clarke, Harold D. & Kornberg, Allan & Stewart, Marianne C., 2004. "Referendum Voting as Political Choice: The Case of Quebec," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(02), pages 345-355, April.
- Milanovic, Branko, 1996. "Nations, conglomerates, and empires : the tradeoff between income and sovereignty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1675, The World Bank.
- Ugo Pagano, 2003. "Nationalism, development and integration: the political economy of Ernest Gellner," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(5), pages 623-646, September.
- Jordi Pons-i-Novell & Ramon Tremosa-i-Balcells, 2005.
"Macroeconomic effects of Catalan fiscal deficit with the Spanish state (2002-2010),"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(13), pages 1455-1463.
- Jordi Pons & Ramon Tremosa-i-Balcells, 2003. "Macroeconomic Effects of Catalan Fiscal Deficit with the Spanish State (2002-2010) (?)," ERSA conference papers ersa03p128, European Regional Science Association.
- Mikel Gómez Uranga & Goio Etxebarria, 2000. "Panorama of the Basque Country and its Competence for Self-Government," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 521-535, August.
- Isabelle Joumard & Per Mathis Kongsrud, 2003. "Fiscal Relations across Government Levels," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2003(1), pages 155-229.
- Wittman, Donald, 1991. "Nations and States: Mergers and Acquisitions; Dissolutions and Divorce," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 126-129, May.
- Casella, Alessandra & Frey, Bruno, 1992. "Federalism and clubs : Towards an economic theory of overlapping political jurisdictions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 639-646, April.
More about this item
Keywordsregional policy; regions; decentralisation; Spain;
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erp:leqsxx:p0020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katjana Gattermann). General contact details of provider: http://www2.lse.ac.uk/europeanInstitute .