Making Myanmar the Star Growth Performer in ASEAN in the Next Decade: A Proposal of Five Growth Strategies
After decades of isolation, Myanmar is now actively re-engaging with the global economy. For successful re-engagement, Myanmar needs to implement comprehensive economic reforms based on a shared vision for long-term economic development that is characterized by human-centered, high, sustainable, pro-poor, inclusive, and balanced economic growth. In this paper, we propose five growth strategies : “Agriculture Plus Plus,” an export-oriented strategy, a foreign direct investment-driven strategy, a two-polar growth strategy, and a strategy to develop domestic economic corridors. These strategies are used as guides to translate these development agendas into a set of implementable policies, programs, and projects.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.eria.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Markusen, James R., 2002.
"Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade,"
8380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James R. Markusen, 2004. "Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262633078, August.
- Kumagai, Satoru & Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Isono, Ikumo & Keola, Souknilanh & Tsubota, Kenmei, 2013.
"Geographical simulation analysis for logistics enhancement in Asia,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 145-153.
- Kenmei Tsubota & Satoru Kumagai & Kazunobu Hayakawa & Ikumo Isono & Souknilanh Keola, 2013. "Geographical Simulation Analysis for Logistics Enhancement in Asia," EcoMod2013 5006, EcoMod.
- Kumagai, Satoru & Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Isono, Ikumo & Keola, Souknilanh & Tsubota, Kenmei, 2012. "Geographical simulation analysis for logistics enhancement in Asia," IDE Discussion Papers 369, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Fukunari KIMURA & Ayako OBASHI, 2010. "International Production Networks in Machinery Industries: Structure and Its Evolution," Working Papers DP-2010-09, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Kudo, Toshihiro & Kumagai, Satoru & Ishido, Hikari, 2013. "Agriculture Plus Plus : growth strategy for Myanmar agriculture," IDE Discussion Papers 421, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:era:wpaper:dp-2013-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hiroshi Okasaki)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.