Competition Policy Challenges of Single Market and Production Base
Competition policy is an important beyond-the-border element of the single market and production base envisioned in the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). The targets for competition policy in the AEC Blueprint have been largely met. Looking beyond 2015, ASEAN needs to consider broadening the policy measures for competition policy to encompass the state’s presence and interventions that affect the level playing field within markets. In the longer term, the main challenge for AEC will be related to the depth of integration desired in terms of harmonization of competition policy. Deeper integration may require fundamental changes in ASEAN institutions.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.eria.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paulo Correa & Carlos Pereira & Bernardo Mueller & Marcus Melo, 2006. "Regulatory Governance in Infrastructure Industries: Assessment and Measurement of Brazilian Regulators," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7059.
- Horn, Henrik & Levinsohn, James A, 2000.
"Merger Policies And Trade Liberalization,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2459, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Horn, H. & Levinsohn, J., 1998. "Merger Policies and Trade Liberalization," Working Papers 420, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Henrik Horn & James Levinsohn, 1997. "Merger Policies and Trade Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 6077, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Cassey & Fukunaga, Yoshifumi, 2014.
"ASEAN regional cooperation on competition policy,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 77-91.
- Menon, Jayant, 2012. "Narrowing the Development Divide in ASEAN: The Role of Policy," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 100, Asian Development Bank.
- Correa, Paulo & Melo, Marcus & Mueller, Bernardo & Pereira, Carlos, 2008. "Regulatory governance in Brazilian infrastructure industries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 202-216, May.
- Antonio Capobianco & Hans Christiansen, 2011. "Competitive Neutrality and State-Owned Enterprises: Challenges and Policy Options," OECD Corporate Governance Working Papers 1, OECD Publishing.
- Csilla Bartók & Sébastien Miroudot, 2008. "The Interaction amongst Trade, Investment and Competition Policies," OECD Trade Policy Papers 60, OECD Publishing.
- Cosimo Beverelli Kornel Mahlstein, 2007.
"Outsourcing and Competition Policy,"
IHEID Working Papers
11-2007, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised Mar 2007.
- Jayant Menon & Thiam Hee Ng, 2013.
"Are Government-Linked Corporations Crowding out Private Investment in Malaysia?,"
Departmental Working Papers
2013-03, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Menon , Jayant & Ng, Thiam Hee, 2013. "Are Government-Linked Corporations Crowding out Private Investment in Malaysia?," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 345, Asian Development Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:era:wpaper:dp-2013-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hiroshi Okasaki)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.