Competition Policy Challenges of Single Market and Production Base
Competition policy is an important beyond-the-border element of the single market and production base envisioned in the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). The targets for competition policy in the AEC Blueprint have been largely met. Looking beyond 2015, ASEAN needs to consider broadening the policy measures for competition policy to encompass the state’s presence and interventions that affect the level playing field within markets. In the longer term, the main challenge for AEC will be related to the depth of integration desired in terms of harmonization of competition policy. Deeper integration may require fundamental changes in ASEAN institutions.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: The ASEAN Secretariat Mezzanine Floor, 70A Jl.Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110|
Web page: http://www.eria.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Horn, Henrik & Levinsohn, James, 2001.
"Merger Policies and Trade Liberalisation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 244-276, April.
- Henrik Horn & James Levinsohn, 1997. "Merger Policies and Trade Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 6077, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Horn, Henrik & Levinsohn, James A, 2000. "Merger Policies And Trade Liberalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 2459, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Horn, H. & Levinsohn, J., 1998. "Merger Policies and Trade Liberalization," Working Papers 420, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Antonio Capobianco & Hans Christiansen, 2011. "Competitive Neutrality and State-Owned Enterprises: Challenges and Policy Options," OECD Corporate Governance Working Papers 1, OECD Publishing.
- Correa, Paulo & Melo, Marcus & Mueller, Bernardo & Pereira, Carlos, 2008. "Regulatory governance in Brazilian infrastructure industries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 202-216, May.
- Lee, Cassey & Fukunaga, Yoshifumi, 2014. "ASEAN regional cooperation on competition policy," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 77-91.
- Cassey Lee & Yoshifumi Fukunaga, 2013. "ASEAN Regional Cooperation on Competition Policy," Working Papers DP-2013-03, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Paulo Correa & Carlos Pereira & Bernardo Mueller & Marcus Melo, 2006. "Regulatory Governance in Infrastructure Industries: Assessment and Measurement of Brazilian Regulators," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7059, September.
- Menon , Jayant & Ng, Thiam Hee, 2013. "Are Government-Linked Corporations Crowding out Private Investment in Malaysia?," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 345, Asian Development Bank.
- Jayant Menon & Thiam Hee Ng, 2013. "Are Government-Linked Corporations Crowding out Private Investment in Malaysia?," Departmental Working Papers 2013-03, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Cosimo Beverelli & Kornel Mahlstein, 2011. "Outsourcing and Competition Policy," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 131-147, June.
- Cosimo Beverelli Kornel Mahlstein, 2007. "Outsourcing and Competition Policy," IHEID Working Papers 11-2007, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised Mar 2007.
- Csilla Bartók & Sébastien Miroudot, 2008. "The Interaction amongst Trade, Investment and Competition Policies," OECD Trade Policy Papers 60, OECD Publishing.
- Menon, Jayant, 2012. "Narrowing the Development Divide in ASEAN: The Role of Policy," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 100, Asian Development Bank. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)