ASEAN Regional Cooperation on Competition Policy
ASEAN member states (AMSs) intend to establish the ASEAN Community by 2015. A key component of this goal is the formation of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). The AEC Blueprint was initiated to facilitate and monitor the implementation of the AEC during the period 2008-2015. Competition policy will play an important role in the achievement of the AEC. There has been significant progress in regional cooperation to achieve the competition policy targets listed in the AEC Blueprint. Even though only half of AMSs have implemented competition laws, regional cooperation in this area has been fairly strong. The main emphasis has been on publishing regional guidelines and a handbook on competition policy in ASEAN as well as capacity building activities. There needs to be a renewed impetus to implement national competition laws in AMSs that have not done so. There also remain significant opportunities for enforcement cooperation and pooling of resources for capacity building in competition policy in the region.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: The ASEAN Secretariat Mezzanine Floor, 70A Jl.Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110|
Web page: http://www.eria.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mari Pangestu & Haryo Aswicahyono & Titak Anas & Dionisius Ardyanto, 2002. "The Evolution of Competition Policy in Indonesia," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 21(2), pages 205-224, September.
- Hill, Hal & Menon, Jayant, 2010. "ASEAN Economic Integration: Features, Fulfillments, Failures and the Future," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 69, Asian Development Bank.
- Cassey LEE, 2014. "Competition Law Enforcement in Malaysia: Some Recent Developments," Working Papers DP-2014-02, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Mia Mikic, 2009. "ASEAN and Trade Integration," Working Paper Series 109, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Rafaelita M. ALDABA, 2012.
"Trade Reforms, Competition, and Innovation in the Philippines,"
DP-2012-05, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2012. "Trade Reforms, Competition, and Innovation in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2012-06, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Robert W. Crandall & Clifford Winston, 2003.
"Does Antitrust Policy Improve Consumer Welfare? Assessing the Evidence,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 3-26, Fall.
- Robert W. Crandall & Clifford Winston, 2005. "Does antitrust policy improve consumer welfare? Assessing the evidence," Chapters, in: Governments, Competition and Utility Regulation, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michael Wise, 2007. "Competition Law and Policy in the European Union," OECD Journal: Competition Law and Policy, OECD Publishing, vol. 9(1), pages 7-80.
- Cassey LEE & Yoshifumi FUKUNAGA, 2013. "Competition Policy Challenges of Single Market and Production Base," Working Papers DP-2013-17, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:era:wpaper:dp-2013-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hiroshi Okasaki)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.