Social Distance, Cooperation and Other Regarding Preferences: A New Approach Based on the Theory of Relational Goods
The paper is divided in six sections. In the second section we provide a short survey of the literature on relational goods. In the third section we describe the experimental design of the two experiments presented in Becchetti et al. (2007) and Becchetti, Degli Antoni and Faillo (2009) (hereafter also B2007 and B2009). In the fourth section we discuss the hypotheses on the effect of relational goods on players’ behaviour in the two experiments. In the fifth section we discuss the main findings. The sixth section concludes.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0039 02 6448 6540
Web page: http://www.econometica.it
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Croson, Rachel T. A., 2000. "Thinking like a game theorist: factors affecting the frequency of equilibrium play," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 299-314, March.
- Benedetto Gui, 2000. "Beyond Transactions: On the Interpersonal Dimension of Economic Reality," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(2), pages 139-169, 06.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Alessandra Pelloni & Fiammetta Rossetti, 2008.
"Relational Goods, Sociability, and happiness,"
CEIS Research Paper
117, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 14 Jul 2008.
- C. Monica Capra, 1999. "Anomalous Behavior in a Traveler's Dilemma?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 678-690, June.
- Pier Luigi Sacco & Paolo Vanin, 2000. "Network Interaction with Material and Relational Goods: An Exploratory Simulation," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(2), pages 229-259, 06.
- Luigino Bruni & Luca Stanca, 2005.
"Watching alone: Relational Goods, Television and Happiness,"
90, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2005.
- Bruni, Luigino & Stanca, Luca, 2008. "Watching alone: Relational goods, television and happiness," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(3-4), pages 506-528, March.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Giacomo Degli Antoni & Marco Faillo & Luigi Mittone, 2007. "The glue of the economic system: the effect of relational goods on trust and trustworthiness," CEEL Working Papers 0705, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Rankin, Frederick W., 2006. "Requests and social distance in dictator games," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 27-36, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ent:wpaper:wp18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matteo Rizzolli)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.