Payroll tax reduction in Brazil : Effects on employment and wages
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lau, Lawrence J. & Jamison, Dean T. & Louat, Frederic F., 1991. "Education and productivity in developing countries : an aggregate production function approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 612, The World Bank.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:485515 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cruces, Guillermo & Galiani, Sebastian & Kidyba, Susana, 2010.
"Payroll taxes, wages and employment: Identification through policy changes,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 743-749, August.
- Guillermo Cruces & Sebastian Galiani & Susana Kidyba, 2010. "Payroll Taxes, Wages and Employment: Identification through Policy Changes," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0093, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Gruber, Jonathan, 1997.
"The Incidence of Payroll Taxation: Evidence from Chile,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(3), pages 72-101, July.
- Jonathan Gruber, 1995. "The Incidence of Payroll Taxation: Evidence from Chile," NBER Working Papers 5053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernando Gaiger Silveira & Leonardo Rangel & Matheus Stivali & Graziela Ansiliero & Edvaldo Duarte Barbosa & Luis Henrique Paiva, 2008.
"A Desoneraçao Da Folha De Pagamentos E Sua Relaçao Com A Formalidade No Mercado De Trabalho,"
Anais do XIII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 13th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais],in: Anais do XIII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 13th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais]
Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Graziela Ansiliero & Leonardo Alves Rangel & Luis Henrique Paiva & Matheus Stivali & Edvaldo Duarte Barbosa & Fernando Gaiger Silveira, 2008. "A Desoneração da Folha de Pagamentos e sua Relação com a Formalidade no Mercado de Trabalho," Discussion Papers 1341, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Adriana Kugler & Maurice Kugler, 2009.
"Labor Market Effects of Payroll Taxes in Developing Countries: Evidence from Colombia,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(2), pages 335-358, January.
- Adriana Kugler & Maurice Kugler, 2008. "Labor Market Effects of Payroll Taxes in Developing Countries: Evidence from Colombia," NBER Working Papers 13855, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- A. Kugler, M. Kugler, 2008. "Labour Market Effects of Payroll Taxes in Developing Countries: Evidence from Colombia," Working Papers eg0056, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics, revised 2008.
- Bennmarker, Helge & Mellander, Erik & Öckert, Björn, 2009.
"Do regional payroll tax reductions boost employment?,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 480-489, October.
- Bennmarker, Helge & Mellander, Erik & Öckert, Björn, 2008. "Do regional payroll tax reductions boost employment?," Working Paper Series 2008:19, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1989. "Some Simple Economics of Mandated Benefits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 177-183, May.
- Neri, Marcelo Côrtes, 2006. "Informalidade," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 635, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1993. "Labor Demand and the Source of Adjustment Costs," NBER Working Papers 4394, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francisco Carneiro, 1997. "The Changing Informal Labour Market in Brazil: Cyclicality versus Excessive Intervention," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 11(1), pages 3-22, April.
- Maurizio, Roxana., 2014. "Labour formalization and declining inequality in Argentina and Brazil in the 2000s a dynamic approach," ILO Working Papers 994855153402676, International Labour Organization.
- Russell W. Rumberger, 1987. "The Impact of Surplus Schooling on Productivity and Earnings," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 22(1), pages 24-50.
More about this item
Keywordspayroll tax; labour demand; employment; wages; Brazil; social security;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriss:77532. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .