A Capital Adequacy Buffer Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Robert J. Powell & Abhay K. Singh, 2013. "A Capital Adequacy Buffer Model," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2013-33, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- David Allen & Michael McAleer, 2013. "A Capital Adequacy Buffer Model," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-168/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- David Allen & Michael McAleer & Robert Powell & Abhay Singh, 2013. "A Capital Adequacy Buffer Model," Working Papers in Economics 13/35, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
References listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Sreedhar T. Bharath & Tyler Shumway, 2008. "Forecasting Default with the Merton Distance to Default Model," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(3), pages 1339-1369, May.
- Kretzschmar, Gavin & McNeil, Alexander J. & Kirchner, Axel, 2010. "Integrated models of capital adequacy - Why banks are undercapitalised," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2838-2850, December.
- Maria Vassalou & Yuhang Xing, 2004. "Default Risk in Equity Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 831-868, April.
- Bucher, Monika & Dietrich, Diemo & Hauck, Achim, 2013. "Business cycles, bank credit and crises," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 229-231.
More about this item
Keywordscredit risk; capital buffer; distance to default; conditional value at risk; Capital adequacy buffer model;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-01-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2014-01-17 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2014-01-17 (Central Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2014-01-17 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:eureir:50131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feeurnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.