The performance of authority in organizations: an example from management consulting
Sketches a pragmatist model of authority by studying the case of a consultant faced with the issue of establishing his authority in the actual context of a consulting assignment, and showing how the consultant invokes various “figures” that lend weight to his actions.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: + 18.104.22.168.92.88
Fax: + 22.214.171.124.56.28
Web page: http://www.csi.mines-paristech.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aghion, Philippe & Tirole, Jean, 1997.
"Formal and Real Authority in Organizations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Aghion, Philippe & Tirole, Jean, 1997. "Formal and Real Authority in Organizations," Scholarly Articles 4554125, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Aghion, Philippe & Tirole, Jean, 1994. "Formal and Real Authority in Organizations," IDEI Working Papers 37, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Philippe Aghion & Jean Tirole, 1994. "Formal and Real Authority in Organizations," Working papers 95-8, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Jean Tirole, 1994. "Normal and Real Authority in Organizations," Working papers 94-13, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Wouter Dessein, 2002.
"Authority and Communication in Organizations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 69(4), pages 811-838.
- Wouter Dessein, 2000. "Authority and Communication in Organizations," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1747, Econometric Society.
- Gideon Kunda & Stephen R. Barley & James Evans, 2002. "Why do contractors contract? The experience of highly skilled technical professionals in a contingent labor market," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 55(2), pages 234-261, January.
- Bradley G. Jackson, 1996. "Re-Engineering the Sense of Self: the Manager and the Management Guru," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(5), pages 571-590, 09.
- Sanford J Grossman & Oliver D Hart, 2001.
"An Analysis of the Principal-Agent Problem,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
391749000000000339, David K. Levine.
- Sanford Grossman & Oliver Hart, . "An Analysis of the Principal-Agent Problem," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 15-80, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Baker, George & Gibbons, Robert & Murphy, Kevin J, 1999. "Informal Authority in Organizations," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 56-73, April.
- Bergström, Ola & Hasselbladh, Hans & Kärreman, Dan, 2009. "Organizing disciplinary power in a knowledge organization," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 178-190, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emn:wpaper:029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florence Paterson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.