Decentralization and local service provision: what do we know?
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: LSE Library Portugal Street London, WC2A 2HD, U.K.|
Phone: +44 (020) 7405 7686
Web page: http://www.lse.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ehtisham Ahmad & Mercedes Garcia-Escribano & José Antonio González Anaya & Ernesto Revilla & Giorgio Brosio & Ben Lockwood, 2007. "Why Focus on Spending Needs Factors? The Political Economy of Fiscal Transfer Reforms in Mexico," IMF Working Papers 07/252, International Monetary Fund.
- Barankay, Iwan & Lockwood, Ben, 2007.
"Decentralization and the productive efficiency of government: Evidence from Swiss cantons,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 1197-1218, June.
- Barankay, Iwan & Lockwood, Ben, 2006. "Decentralization and the Productive Efficiency of Government: Evidence from Swiss Cantons," CEPR Discussion Papers 5639, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barankay, Iwan & Lockwood, Ben, 2006. "Decentralization and the Productive Efficiency of Government: Evidence from Swiss Cantons," IZA Discussion Papers 2477, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mörk, Eva & Ahlin, Åsa, 2007. "Effects of decentralization on school resources: Sweden 1989-2002," Working Paper Series 2007:9, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Jin, Jing & Zou, Heng-fu, 2002. "How does fiscal decentralization affect aggregate, national, and subnational government size?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 270-293, September.
- Jing Jin & Heng-fu Zou, 2000. "How does fiscal decentralization affect aggregate, national, and subnational government size?," CEMA Working Papers 72, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Oates, Wallace E., 1993. "Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Development," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 46(2), pages 237-43, June.
- Oates, Wallace E., 1993. "Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Development," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 46(2), pages 237-243, June.
- Faguet, Jean-Paul & Sánchez, Fabio, 2008. "Decentralization's Effects on Educational Outcomes in Bolivia and Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1294-1316, July.
- Jean-Paul Faguet & Fabio Sanchez, 2006. "Decentralization´S Effects On Educational Outcomes In Bolivia And Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 002255, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Jean-Paul Faguet & Fabio Sanchez, 2006. "Decentralization’s effects on educational outcomes in Bolivia and Colombia," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2397, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Paul Faguet & Fabio Sanchez, 2006. "Decentralization’S Effects On Educational Outcomes In Bolivia And Colombia," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 47, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Ebel, Robert D. & Yilmaz, Serdar, 2002. "On the measurement and impact of fiscal decentralization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2809, The World Bank.
- Lars P. Feld & Gebhard Kirchgässner & Christoph A. Schaltegger, 2004. "Fiscal Federalism and Economic Performance: Evidence from Swiss Cantons," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200420, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1997. "Federalism as a Commitment to Reserving Market Incentives," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 83-92, Fall.
- Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1997. "Federalism as a Commitment to Preserving Market Incentives," Working Papers 97042, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Adala Bwire, 2004. "The economic (in)efficiency of devolution," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(11), pages 1907-1928, November.
- Ehtisham Ahmad & Giorgio Brosio (ed.), 2006. "Handbook of Fiscal Federalism," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3584.
- Teresa Garcia-Milà & Therese J. McGuire, 2007. "Fiscal Decentralization in Spain: An Asymmetric Transition to Democracy," Chapters,in: Fiscal Fragmentation in Decentralized Countries, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Teresa Garcia-Milà & Therese J. McGuire, 2002. "Fiscal decentralization in Spain: An asymmetric transition to democracy," Economics Working Papers 866, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Weingast, Barry R, 1995. "The Economic Role of Political Institutions: Market-Preserving Federalism and Economic Development," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 1-31, April.
- Koleman S. Strumpf & Felix Oberholzer-Gee, 2002. "Endogenous Policy Decentralization: Testing the Central Tenet of Economic Federalism," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(1), pages 1-36, February.
- Emili Tortosa Ausina & Diego Prior & María Teresa Balaguer-Coll, 2006. "Decentralization And Effiency In Spanish Local Goverment," Working Papers. Serie EC 2006-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Montero-Granados, Roberto & de Dios Jiménez, Juan & Martín, José, 2007. "Decentralisation and convergence in health among the provinces of Spain (1980-2001)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 1253-1264, March.
- David Cantarero Prieto & Marta Pascual Saez, "undated". "Decentralisation and health care outcomes: An empirical analysis within the European Union," Studies on the Spanish Economy 220, FEDEA.
- Ehtisham Ahmad & Maria Albino-War & Raju Singh, 2006. "Subnational Public Financial Management: Institutions and Macroeconomic Considerations," Chapters,in: Handbook of Fiscal Federalism, chapter 16 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Maria A Albino-War & Raju J Singh & Ehtisham Ahmad, 2005. "Subnational Public Financial Management; Institutions and Macroeconomic Considerations," IMF Working Papers 05/108, International Monetary Fund.
- Dafflon, Bernard & Toth, Krisztina, 2005. "Fiscal federalism in Switzerland : relevant issues for transition economies in Central and Eastern Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3655, The World Bank.
- Maria Flavia Ambrosiano & Massimo Bordignon, 2006. "Normative Versus Positive Theories of Revenue Assignments in Federations," Chapters,in: Handbook of Fiscal Federalism, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Luca Crivelli & Massimo Filippini & Ilaria Mosca, 2006. "Federalism and regional health care expenditures: an empirical analysis for the Swiss cantons," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 535-541. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:38347. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.