Decentralization and local service provision: what do we know?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barankay, Iwan & Lockwood, Ben, 2007.
"Decentralization and the productive efficiency of government: Evidence from Swiss cantons,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 1197-1218, June.
- Barankay, Ivan & Lockwood, Ben, 2005. "Decentralization and the Productive Efficiency of Government: Evidence from Swiss Cantons," Economics Discussion Papers 8890, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Barankay, Iwan & Lockwood, Ben, 2006. "Decentralization and the Productive Efficiency of Government: Evidence from Swiss Cantons," IZA Discussion Papers 2477, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barankay, Iwan & Lockwood, Ben, 2006. "Decentralization and the Productive Efficiency of Government: Evidence from Swiss Cantons," CEPR Discussion Papers 5639, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jin, Jing & Zou, Heng-fu, 2002.
"How does fiscal decentralization affect aggregate, national, and subnational government size?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 270-293, September.
- Jing Jin & Heng-fu Zou, 2000. "How does fiscal decentralization affect aggregate, national, and subnational government size?," CEMA Working Papers 72, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Oates, Wallace E., 1993. "Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Development," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 46(2), pages 237-243, June.
- Faguet, Jean-Paul & Sánchez, Fabio, 2008.
"Decentralization's Effects on Educational Outcomes in Bolivia and Colombia,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1294-1316, July.
- Jean-Paul Faguet & Fabio Sanchez, 2006. "Decentralization´S Effects On Educational Outcomes In Bolivia And Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 002255, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Faguet, Jean-Paul & Sanchez, Fabio, 2006. "Decentralization’s effects on educational outcomes in Bolivia and Colombia," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2397, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Paul Faguet & Fabio Sanchez, 2006. "Decentralization’S Effects On Educational Outcomes In Bolivia And Colombia," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 47, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Lars P. Feld & Gebhard Kirchgässner & Christoph A. Schaltegger, 2004. "Fiscal Federalism and Economic Performance: Evidence from Swiss Cantons," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200420, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1997.
"Federalism as a Commitment to Reserving Market Incentives,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 83-92, Fall.
- Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1997. "Federalism as a Commitment to Preserving Market Incentives," Working Papers 97042, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Adala Bwire, 2004. "The economic (in)efficiency of devolution," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(11), pages 1907-1928, November.
- Koleman S. Strumpf & Felix Oberholzer-Gee, 2002. "Endogenous Policy Decentralization: Testing the Central Tenet of Economic Federalism," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(1), pages 1-36, February.
- Ehtisham Ahmad & Maria Albino-War & Raju Singh, 2006.
"Subnational Public Financial Management: Institutions and Macroeconomic Considerations,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Fiscal Federalism, chapter 16
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Maria A Albino-War & Raju J Singh & Ehtisham Ahmad, 2005. "Subnational Public Financial Management; Institutions and Macroeconomic Considerations," IMF Working Papers 05/108, International Monetary Fund.
- Teresa Garcia-Milà & Therese J. McGuire, 2007.
"Fiscal Decentralization in Spain: An Asymmetric Transition to Democracy,"
Chapters,in: Fiscal Fragmentation in Decentralized Countries, chapter 7
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Teresa Garcia-Milà & Therese J. McGuire, 2002. "Fiscal decentralization in Spain: An asymmetric transition to democracy," Economics Working Papers 866, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Maria Flavia Ambrosiano & Massimo Bordignon, 2006. "Normative Versus Positive Theories of Revenue Assignments in Federations," Chapters,in: Handbook of Fiscal Federalism, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ehtisham Ahmad & Mercedes Garcia-Escribano & José Antonio González Anaya & Ernesto Revilla & Giorgio Brosio & Ben Lockwood, 2007. "Why Focus on Spending Needs Factors? The Political Economy of Fiscal Transfer Reforms in Mexico," IMF Working Papers 07/252, International Monetary Fund.
- Mörk, Eva & Ahlin, Åsa, 2007. "Effects of decentralization on school resources: Sweden 1989-2002," Working Paper Series 2007:9, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Oates, Wallace E., 1993. "Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Development," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 46(2), pages 237-43, June.
- Ebel, Robert D. & Yilmaz, Serdar, 2002. "On the measurement and impact of fiscal decentralization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2809, The World Bank.
- Ehtisham Ahmad & Giorgio Brosio (ed.), 2006. "Handbook of Fiscal Federalism," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3584.
- Weingast, Barry R, 1995. "The Economic Role of Political Institutions: Market-Preserving Federalism and Economic Development," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 1-31, April.
- Emili Tortosa Ausina & Diego Prior & María Teresa Balaguer-Coll, 2006. "Decentralization And Effiency In Spanish Local Goverment," Working Papers. Serie EC 2006-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Montero-Granados, Roberto & de Dios Jiménez, Juan & Martín, José, 2007. "Decentralisation and convergence in health among the provinces of Spain (1980-2001)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 1253-1264, March.
- David Cantarero Prieto & Marta Pascual Saez, "undated". "Decentralisation and health care outcomes: An empirical analysis within the European Union," Studies on the Spanish Economy 220, FEDEA.
- Dafflon, Bernard & Toth, Krisztina, 2005. "Fiscal federalism in Switzerland : relevant issues for transition economies in Central and Eastern Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3655, The World Bank.
- Luca Crivelli & Massimo Filippini & Ilaria Mosca, 2006. "Federalism and regional health care expenditures: an empirical analysis for the Swiss cantons," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 535-541.
More about this item
Keywordsdecentralized service delivery; decentralization; public policy; developing countries;
- H76 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Other Expenditure Categories
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:38347. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.