Dealer liquidity in an auction market: evidence fom the London Stock Exchange
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sylvain Friederich & Richard Payne, 2007. "Dealer Liquidity in an Auction Market: Evidence from the London Stock Exchange," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(522), pages 1168-1191, July.
- Richard Payne & Sylvain Friederich, 2002. "Dealer liquidity in an auction market: evidence fom the London Stock Exchange," FMG Discussion Papers dp427, Financial Markets Group.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Easley & Soeren Hvidkjaer & Maureen O'Hara, 2002. "Is Information Risk a Determinant of Asset Returns?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2185-2221, October.
- G. Geoffrey Booth & Ji-Chai Lin & Teppo Martikainen & Yiuman Tse, 2002. "Trading and Pricing in Upstairs and Downstairs Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(4), pages 1111-1135.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 1999.
"The Distribution of Exchange Rate Volatility,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
99-08, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 1999. "The Distribution of Exchange Rate Volatility," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-059, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Torben Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 1999. "The Distribution of Exchange Rate Volatility," NBER Working Papers 6961, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easley, David & Kiefer, Nicholas M & O'Hara, Maureen, 1996. " Cream-Skimming or Profit-Sharing? The Curious Role of Purchased Order Flow," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 811-833, July.
- Seppi, Duane J, 1990. " Equilibrium Block Trading and Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 73-94, March.
- Brian F. Smith, 2001. "Upstairs Market for Principal and Agency Trades: Analysis of Adverse Information and Price Effects," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1723-1746, October.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1992.
"The Informational Role of Upstairs and Downstairs Trading,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(4), pages 509-528, October.
- Sanford J. Grossman, "undated". "The Informational Role of Upstairs and Downstairs Trading," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 22-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Grossman, S.J., 1990. "The Information Role Of Upstairs And Downstairs Trading," Weiss Center Working Papers 22-90, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Pagano, Marco & Roell, Ailsa, 1992.
"Auction and dealership markets : What is the difference?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 613-623, April.
- Ailsa Röell & Marco Pagano, 1991. "Auction and Dealership Markets: What is the Difference?," FMG Discussion Papers dp125, Financial Markets Group.
- Blume, Marshall E & MacKinley, A Craig & Terker, Bruce, 1989. " Order Imbalances and Stock Price Movements on October 19 and 20, 1987," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(4), pages 827-848, September.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1986. "Asset pricing and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Cheng, Minder, 1997. "In Search of Liquidity: Block Trades in the Upstairs and Downstairs Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 175-203.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1992.
" Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 607-641, June.
- Ananth N. Madhavan, "undated". "Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Viswanathan, S. & Wang, James J. D., 2002. "Market architecture: limit-order books versus dealership markets," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 127-167, April.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Wu, Ping X., 1999. "Unequally Spaced Panel Data Regressions With Ar(1) Disturbances," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(06), pages 814-823, December.
- Hans R. Stoll, 1993. "Organization Of The Stock Market: Competition Or Fragmentation?," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 5(4), pages 89-93.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marsh, Ian W. & Payne, Richard, 2012. "Banning short sales and market quality: The UK’s experience," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1975-1986.
- Gomber, Peter & Sagade, Satchit & Theissen, Erik & Weber, Moritz Christian & Westheide, Christian, 2013. "Competition/fragmentation in equities markets: A literature survey," SAFE Working Paper Series 35, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Bailey, Warren & Cai, Jun & Cheung, Yan Leung & Wang, Fenghua, 2009. "Stock returns, order imbalances, and commonality: Evidence on individual, institutional, and proprietary investors in China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 9-19, January.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:31:y:2017:i:c:p:62-80 is not listed on IDEAS
- Flepp, Raphael & Nüesch, Stephan & Franck, Egon, 2017.
"The liquidity advantage of the quote-driven market: Evidence from the betting industry,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 306-317.
- Raphael Flepp & Stephan Nüesch & Egon Franck, 2014. " The Liquidity Advantage of the Quote-Driven Market: Evidence from the Betting Industry," Working Papers 342, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Ibikunle, Gbenga, 2015. "Opening and closing price efficiency: Do financial markets need the call auction?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 208-227.
- Verousis, Thanos & ap Gwilym, Owain, 2013. "Trade size clustering and the cost of trading at the London Stock Exchange," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 91-102.
More about this item
KeywordsLimit order trading; Auction and dealership markets; Commonality; London Stock Exchange.;
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:24947. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.