Impact of Political Regime Shift on Stock Returns of Oligarch Firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Massimo Guidolin & Eliana La Ferrara, 2010.
"The economic effects of violent conflict: Evidence from asset market reactions,"
Journal of Peace Research,
Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 47(6), pages 671-684, November.
- Massimo Guidolin & Eliana La Ferrara, 2005. "The economic effects of violent conflict: evidence from asset market reactions," Working Papers 2005-066, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Mara Faccio, 2010. "Differences between Politically Connected and Nonconnected Firms: A Cross-Country Analysis," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 39(3), pages 905-928, September.
- Fan, Joseph P.H. & Wong, T.J. & Zhang, Tianyu, 2007. "Politically connected CEOs, corporate governance, and Post-IPO performance of China's newly partially privatized firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 330-357, May.
- Benjamin Maury & Eva Liljeblom, 2009. "Oligarchs, political regime changes, and firm valuation," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 17(3), pages 411-438, July.
- Massimo Guidolin & Eliana La Ferrara, 2007.
"Diamonds Are Forever, Wars Are Not: Is Conflict Bad for Private Firms?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1978-1993, December.
- Guidolin, Massimo & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2004. "Diamonds are Forever, Wars are Not: Is Conflict Bad for Private Firms?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4668, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Massimo Guidolin & Eliana La Ferrara, 2006. "Diamonds are forever, wars are not. Is conflict bad for private firms?," Working Papers 2005-004, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Eitan Goldman & Jörg Rocholl & Jongil So, 2009. "Do Politically Connected Boards Affect Firm Value?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(6), pages 2331-2360, June.
- Michael J. Cooper & Huseyin Gulen & Alexei V. Ovtchinnikov, 2010. "Corporate Political Contributions and Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(2), pages 687-724, April.
- Goriaev, Alexei P. & Sonin, Konstantin, 2005. "Is Political Risk Company-Specific? The Market Side of the Yukos Affair," CEPR Discussion Papers 5076, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mara Faccio, 2006. "Politically Connected Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 369-386, March.
- Raymond Fisman, 2001. "Estimating the Value of Political Connections," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1095-1102, September.
More about this item
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- P34 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Finance
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2014-03-30 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-POL-2014-03-30 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2014-03-30 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eer:wpalle:13/06e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anton Pashchenko). General contact details of provider: http://www.eercnetwork.com .