Patents, competition and firms’ innovation incentives
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pilar Beneito & María Engracia Rochina-Barrachina & Amparo Sanchis, 2014. "Patents, Competition, and Firms' Innovation Incentives," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 285-309, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wörter, Martin & Rammer, Christian & Arvanitis, Spyros, 2010. "Innovation, competition and incentives for R&D," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-039, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Philippe Aghion & Nick Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2005.
"Competition and Innovation: an Inverted-U Relationship,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 701-728.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicholas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted U Relationship," NBER Working Papers 9269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howitt, Peter & Griffith, Rachel & Aghion, Philippe & Blundell, Richard & Bloom, Nick, 2005. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted-U Relationship," Scholarly Articles 4481507, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicolas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and innovation: an inverted U relationship," IFS Working Papers W02/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Paz Coscollá-Girona & Pilar Beneito López & Amparo Sanchis Llopis & María Engracia Rochina Barrachina, 2011. "Competitive pressure determinants and innovation at the firm level," Working Papers. Serie EC 2011-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Jan Boone, 2000.
"Competitive Pressure: The Effects on Investments in Product and Process Innovation,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(3), pages 549-569, Autumn.
- Boone, J., 2000. "Competitive pressure : The effects on investments in product and process innovation," Other publications TiSEM 88418185-7603-4c36-92fd-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Christine Greenhalgh & Mark Rogers, 2007.
"The Value of Intellectual Property Rights to Firms,"
06-036, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Christine Greenhalgh & Mark Rogers, 2007. "The Value of Intellectual Property Rights to Firms," Economics Series Working Papers 319, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Boone, J. & van Ours, J.C. & van der Wiel, H.P., 2007.
"How (Not) to Measure Competition,"
2007-32, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Boone, J. & van Ours, J.C. & van der Wiel, H.P., 2007. "How (Not) to Measure Competition," Discussion Paper 2007-014, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Boone, Jan & van der Wiel, Henry & van Ours, Jan C, 2007. "How (not) to measure competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 6275, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan Boone & Henry van der Wiel & J. van Ours, 2007. "How (not) to measure competition," CPB Discussion Paper 91, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Christian Helmers & Mark Rogers, 2009. "Patents, Entrepreneurship and Performance," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-095, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ganslandt, Mattias, 2008. "Intellectual Property Rights and Competition Policy," Working Paper Series 726, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Béatrice Dumont & P. Holmes, 2002. "The breadth of intellectual property right and their interface with competition law and policy : divergent paths to the same goal," Post-Print halshs-00069688, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Basant, Rakesh, 2017. "Exploring Linkages between Innovation and public policy- challenges and Opportunities," IIMA Working Papers WP 2017-11-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
More about this item
KeywordsIPRs; patents; competition; innovation;
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2012-07-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2012-07-29 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2012-07-29 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2012-07-29 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-KNM-2012-07-29 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2012-07-29 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TID-2012-07-29 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eec:wpaper:1211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vicente Esteve). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dsvales.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.