Competition and Innovation: Revisiting the Inverted-U Relationship
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Aghion & Nick Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2005.
"Competition and Innovation: an Inverted-U Relationship,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 120(2), pages 701-728.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicholas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted U Relationship," NBER Working Papers 9269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howitt, Peter & Griffith, Rachel & Aghion, Philippe & Blundell, Richard & Bloom, Nick, 2005. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted-U Relationship," Scholarly Articles 4481507, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicolas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and innovation: an inverted U relationship," IFS Working Papers W02/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Michael Polder & Erik Veldhuizen, 2012. "Innovation and Competition in the Netherlands: Testing the Inverted-U for Industries and Firms," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 67-91, March.
- Michael Peneder & Martin Woerter, 2014.
"Competition, R&D and innovation: testing the inverted-U in a simultaneous system,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 653-687, July.
- Michael Peneder & Martin Wörter, 2013. "Competition, R&D and Innovation: Testing the Inverted-U in a Simultaneous System," WIFO Working Papers 448, WIFO.
- Raymond De Bondt & Jan Vandekerckhove, 2012. "Reflections on the Relation Between Competition and Innovation," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 7-19, March.
- P.A. Geroski, 2003. "Competition in Markets and Competition for Markets," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 151-166, September.
- van der Wiel, H.P., 2010. "Competition and innovation : Together a tricky rollercoaster for productivity," Other publications TiSEM 2764dae1-3502-4775-82da-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Karl Aiginger, 2007. "Industrial Policy: A Dying Breed or A Re-emerging Phoenix," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 297-323, December.
- Chiara Peroni & Ivete Ferreira, 2012. "Competition and Innovation in Luxembourg," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 93-117, March.
- Morton I. Kamien & Nancy L. Schwartz, 1976. "On the Degree of Rivalry for Maximum Innovative Activity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(2), pages 245-260.
- Charles Bérubé & Marc Duhamel & Daniel Ershov, 2012. "Market Incentives for Business Innovation: Results from Canada," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 47-65, March.
- Armin Schmutzler, 2007. "The relation between competition and innovation ï¿½ Why is it such a mess?," SOI - Working Papers 0716, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich, revised Jan 2010.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristine Farla, 2015. "Industrial Policy for Growth," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 257-282, September.
- Ugur, Mehmet & Hashem, Nawar, 2012.
"Market concentration, corporate governance and innovation: partial and combined effects in US-listed firms,"
Greenwich Papers in Political Economy
8840, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Hashem, Nawar & Ugur, Mehmet, 2012. "Market Concentration, Corporate Governance and Innovation: Partial and Combined Effects in US-Listed Firms," MPRA Paper 44135, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2012.
- Mehmet Ugur, 2013. "Governance, market power and innovation: evidence from OECD countries," Chapters,in: Governance, Regulation and Innovation, chapter 2, pages 25-57 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mehmet Ugur, 2013. "Governance, regulation and innovation: new perspectives and evidence," Chapters,in: Governance, Regulation and Innovation, chapter 1, pages 1-22 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bigerna, Simona & Bollino, Carlo Andrea & Micheli, Silvia, 2016. "Renewable energy scenarios for costs reductions in the European Union," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(PA), pages 80-90.
- Ugur, Mehmet, 2012. "Market Power, Governance and Innovation: OECD Evidence," MPRA Paper 44141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nawar Hashem & Mehmet Ugur, 2013. "Corporate governance and innovation in US-listed firms: the mediating effects of market concentration," Chapters,in: Governance, Regulation and Innovation, chapter 4, pages 86-121 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Klaus S. Friesenbichler & Michael Peneder, 2016. "Innovation, Competition and Productivity. Firm Level Evidence for Eastern Europe and Central Asia," WIFO Working Papers 516, WIFO.
- Klaus Friesenbichler & Michael Peneder, 2016. "Innovation, competition and productivity," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 24(3), pages 535-580, July.
- Christian Beyer & Elke Kottmann & Korbinian von Blanckenburg, 2018. "The Welfare Implications of the European Trucks Cartel," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201818, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Alsharkas Zeina, 2014. "Firm Size, Competition, Financing and Innovation," International Journal of Management and Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of World Economy, vol. 44(1), pages 51-73, December.
- Pilar Beneito & María Engracia Rochina-Barrachina & Amparo Sanchis, 2014.
"Patents, Competition, and Firms' Innovation Incentives,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 285-309, May.
- Pilar Beneito & María E. Rochina-Barrachina & Amparo Sanchis, 2012. "Patents, competition and firms’ innovation incentives," Working Papers 1211, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- repec:oup:oxecpp:v:69:y:2017:i:4:p:1032-1053. is not listed on IDEAS
- Raymond W. & Plotnikova T., 2015. "How does firms' perceived competition affect technological innovation in Luxembourg?," MERIT Working Papers 001, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ugur, Mehmet, 2012. "Governance, Regulation and Innovation: Introducing New Studies," MPRA Paper 44151, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2013.
- repec:kap:jincot:v:18:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10842-017-0250-7 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsL11; L22; L41; M13; O33;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jincot:v:12:y:2012:i:1:p:1-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.