EMMA - A Quarterly Model of the Estonian Economy
This paper describes the first version of Eesti Pank's structural macro-econometric model EMMA. EMMA belongs to the second generation of macro models, with Neo-Classical supply determined long run properties and Keynesian demand driven short run adjustment. The model has been designed for forecasting as well as for simulation exercises. In order to fulfil both tasks, the emphasis has been put on capturing the main characteristics of the Estonian economy. The model describes a very small and open economy, in which long run economic growth and inflation are strongly influenced by real and nominal convergence towards EU15 levels.
|Date of creation:||12 Dec 2005|
|Date of revision:||12 Dec 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Estonia bld. 13, 15095 Tallinn, ESTONIA|
Web page: http://www.bankofestonia.info
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Estonia bld. 13, 15095 Tallinn, ESTONIA|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro & Paul M. Romer, 1991.
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number barr91-1, March.
- Boissay, Frédéric & Villetelle, Jean-Pierre, 2005. "The French block of the ESCB multi-country model," Working Paper Series 0456, European Central Bank.
- Karl Whelan, 1999.
"Real wage dynamics and the Phillips Curve,"
Open Access publications
10197/250, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 2002.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through into Import Prices: A Macro or Micro Phenomenon?,"
NBER Working Papers
8934, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campa, Jose M. & Goldberg, Linda S., 2002. "Exchange rate pass-through into import prices: A macro or micro phenomenon?," IESE Research Papers D/475, IESE Business School.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 2002. "Exchange rate pass-through into import prices: a macro or micro phenomenon?," Staff Reports 149, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Angelini, Elena & Boissay, Frédéric & Ciccarelli, Matteo, 2006. "The Dutch block of the ESCB multi-country model," Working Paper Series 0646, European Central Bank.
- Camille Logeay & Silke Tober, 2003.
"Time-varying Nairu and Real Interest Rates in the Euro Area,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
351, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Camille Logeay & Silke Tober, 2003. "Time-Varying Nairu and Real Interest Rates in the Euro Area," Economics Working Papers 024, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
- Vetlov, Igor, 2004. "The Lithuanian block of the ESCB multi-country model," BOFIT Discussion Papers 13/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Gábor Pula, 2003. "Capital Stock Estimation in Hungary: A Brief Description of Methodolgy and Results," MNB Working Papers 2003/7, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- Dimitrios Sideris & Nicholas G. Zonzilos, 2005. "The Greek Model of the European System of Central Banks Multi-Country Model," Working Papers 20, Bank of Greece.
- Marit Hinnosaar, 2001. "Potential output estimates for Central and East European countries using production function method," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2001-2, Bank of Estonia, revised 13 Oct 2001.
- Marit Hinnosaar & Hannes Kaadu & Lenno Uusküla, 2005. "Estimating the equilibrium exchange rate of the Estonian kroon," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2005-2, Bank of Estonia, revised 10 Oct 2005.
- Masso, Jaan & Staehr, Karsten, 2005.
"Inflation dynamics and nominal adjustment in the Baltic States,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 281-303, June.
- Jaan Masso & Karsten Staehr, 2005. "Inflation Dynamics And Nominal Adjustment In The Baltic States," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 35, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Reimo Juks, 2003. "The relationship between REER and trade flows in the context of the equilibrium exchange rate," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2003-9, Bank of Estonia, revised 11 Nov 2003.
- Marit Hinnosaar, 2002. "Unemployment and Labour Mobility in Estonia: Analysis Using Duration Models," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2002-07, Bank of Estonia, revised 13 Oct 2002.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eea:boewps:wp2005-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peeter Luikmel)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Peeter Luikmel to update the entry or send us the correct email address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.