Productivity of Nations: a stochastic frontier approach to TFP decomposition
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pires, Jorge Oliveira & Garcia, Fernando, 2004. "Productivity of nations: a stochastic frontier approach to TFP decomposition," Textos para discussão 143, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Robert E & Jones, Charles I, 1997. "Levels of Economic Activity across Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 173-177, May.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999.
"Why do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output Per Worker than Others?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 83-116.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1998. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?"," Working Papers 98007, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?," NBER Working Papers 6564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Klenow & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 1997. "The Neoclassical Revival in Growth Economics: Has It Gone Too Far?," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1997, Volume 12, pages 73-114 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul W. Bauer, 1988. "Decomposing TFP growth in the presence of cost inefficiency, nonconstant returns to scale, and technological progress," Working Paper 8813, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michele BOLDRIN & Mariacristina DE NARDI & Larry E. JONES, 2015.
"Fertility and Social Security,"
JODE - Journal of Demographic Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 81(3), pages 261-299, September.
- Michele Boldrin & Mariacristina De Nardi & Larry E. Jones, 2005. "Fertility and Social Security," Staff Report 359, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Michele Boldrin & Maria Cristina De Nardi & Larry E. Jones, 2005. "Fertility and Social Security," Levine's Bibliography 666156000000000506, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Michele Boldrin & Mariacristina De Nardi & Larry E. Jones, 2005. "Fertility and Social Security," NBER Working Papers 11146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Selman Çakır, 2015.
"Technological progress and scientific indicators: a panel data analysis,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(3), pages 263-281, April.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Selman Cakir, 2014. "Technological Progress and Scienti?c Indicators: A Panel Data Analysis," Working Papers 2014/06, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- repec:wsi:ceprxx:v:01:y:2012:i:02:n:s1793969012500094 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ibrahima Amadou Diallo, 2015.
"The Effects of Real Exchange Rate Volatility on Productivity Growth,"
Eastern European Business and Economics Journal,
Eastern European Business and Economics Studies Centre, vol. 1(2), pages 66-84.
- Diallo, Ibrahima Amadou, 2012. "The effects of real exchange rate volatility on productivity growth," MPRA Paper 36171, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Agüeros Manuel & Casares-Hontañón Pedro & Coto-Millán Pablo & Ángel Pesquera Miguel, 2015. "Technical Efficiency of the Generation of Knowledge in the European Union (2003-2010)," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, De Gruyter Open, vol. 27(27), pages 7-16, March.
- Yasmina Rim Limam & Stephen M. Miller & Giampaolo Garzarelli, 2016. "Decomposition of Output Growth in the Presence of Input Quality: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Working papers 2016-13, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Maria Alice MÃ³z Christofoletti & Humberto Francisco Silva Spolador, 2011. "Income convergence among Brazilian states after the economic openness in the 1990s," ERSA conference papers ersa10p172, European Regional Science Association.
- Araujo, Jair Andrade & Feitosa, Débora Gaspar & Silva, Almir Bittencourt da, 2014. "Latin America: Total factor productivity and its components," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Loaiza Quintero, Osmar Leandro & Franco Vásquez, Liliana Yaned, 2012.
"Un estudio acerca de los determinantes de la productividad y la ineficiencia técnica en la industria colombiana, 1992-2007
[Determinants of productivity and technical inefficiency in Colombia’s man," MPRA Paper 47736, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Jun 2013.
- Pablo Coto-Millán & Xose Luís Fernández & Miguel Ángel Pesquera & Manuel Agüeros, 2016. "Impact of Logistics on Technical Efficiency of World Production (2007–2012)," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 981-995, December.
- Cassiano Bragagnolo & Humberto F. S. Spolador & Geraldo Sant’Ana de Camargo Barros, 2010. "Regional Brazilian Agriculture TFP Analysis: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis Approach," Economia, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 11(4), pages 217-242.
More about this item
KeywordsTotal factor productivity; stochastic frontiers; technical change; technical efficiency; allocative efficiency; scale efficiency; convergence;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-10-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2004-10-30 (Development)
- NEP-IFN-2004-10-30 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:latm04:292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .