Completing the Banking Union with a European Deposit Insurance Scheme: who is afraid of cross-subsidisation?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cook, Douglas O & Spellman, Lewis J, 1994. "Repudiation Risk and Restitution Costs: Toward Understanding Premiums on Insured Deposits," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(3), pages 439-459, August.
- Beck, Thorsten & Laeven, Luc, 2006.
"Resolution of failed banks by deposit insurers : cross-country evidence,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3920, The World Bank.
- Beck, T.H.L., 2008. "Resolution of failed banks by deposit insurers : Cross-country evidence," Other publications TiSEM f281b9ef-1509-43bc-9761-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Òscar Jordà & Björn Richter & Moritz Schularick & Alan M. Taylor, 2017.
"Bank Capital Redux: Solvency, Liquidity, and Crisis,"
NBER Working Papers
23287, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moritz Schularick & Bjorn Richter & Alan Taylor & Oscar Jorda, 2017. "Bank Capital Redux: Solvency, Liquidity, and Crisis," 2017 Meeting Papers 843, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jordï¿½, ï¿½scar & Richter, Bjï¿½rn & Schularick, Moritz & Taylor, Alan M., 2017. "Bank Capital Redux: Solvency, Liquidity, and Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 11934, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jorda, Oscar & Richter, Björn & Schularick, Moritz & Taylor, Alan M., 2017. "Bank Capital Redux: Solvency, Liquidity, and Crisis," Working Paper Series 2017-6, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Betz, Frank & Oprică, Silviu & Peltonen, Tuomas A. & Sarlin, Peter, 2014. "Predicting distress in European banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 225-241.
- Anginer, Deniz & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Zhu, Min, 2014.
"How does deposit insurance affect bank risk? Evidence from the recent crisis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 312-321.
- Anginer, Deniz & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Zhu, Min, 2012. "How does deposit insurance affect bank risk ? evidence from the recent crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6289, The World Bank.
- Armen Hovakimian & Edward Kane & Luc Laeven, 2003.
"How Country and Safety-Net Characteristics Affect Bank Risk-Shifting,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 23(3), pages 177-204, June.
- Hovakimian, Armen & Kane, Edward J. & Laeven, Luc, 2002. "How Country and Safety-Net Characteristics Affect Bank Risk-Shifting," CEI Working Paper Series 2002-10, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Armen Hovakimian & Edward J. Kane & Luc Laeven, 2002. "How Country and Safety-Net Characteristics Affect Bank Risk-Shifting," NBER Working Papers 9322, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Matthew Jaremski, 2016. "Deposit Insurance: Theories and Facts," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 8(1), pages 97-120, October.
- Daniel C. Hardy, 2014. "Bank resolution costs, depositor preference and asset encumbrance," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(2), pages 96-114, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2004. "Market discipline and deposit insurance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 375-399, March.
- Asl? Demirgüç-Kunt & Edward J. Kane & Luc Laeven (ed.), 2008. "Deposit Insurance around the World: Issues of Design and Implementation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262042541, March.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "An analytic derivation of the cost of deposit insurance and loan guarantees An application of modern option pricing theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-11, June.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Matthew S. Jaremski, 2016. "Stealing Deposits: Deposit Insurance, Risk-Taking and the Removal of Market Discipline in Early 20th Century Banks," NBER Working Papers 22692, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordscross-subsidisation; European Deposit Insurance Scheme (EDIS); risk-based contributions;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2018-04-23 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2018-04-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2018-04-23 (European Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2018-04-23 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbops:2018208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.