Connaissance du prix par les enfants de 5 à 13 ans : une étude exploratoire
At a very early age, the child becomes a real consumer and the prices becomes part of his daily basis. This exploratory study shows that the child acquires a knowledge of prices through a non linear and non cumulative training, marked out by formative incidents. He uses measures and strategies of price evaluation. This procedure is influenced by interest, expertise and experience of children product.
|Date of creation:||01 Mar 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: HEC Paris, 78351 Jouy-en-Josas cedex, France|
Web page: http://www.hec.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Furnham, Adrian, 1999. "The saving and spending habits of young people," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 677-697, December.
- Jacobson, Robert & Obermiller, Carl, 1990. " The Formation of Expected Future Price: A Reference Price for Forward-Looking Consumers," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 420-32, March.
- Ward, Scott, 1974. " Consumer Socialization," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 1-14, Se.
- Urbany, Joel E & Dickson, Peter R, 1991. " Consumer Normal Price Estimation: Market versus Personal Standards," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 45-51, June.
- Biswas, Abhijit & Wilson, Elizabeth J. & Licata, Jane W., 1993. "Reference pricing studies in marketing: A synthesis of research results," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 239-256, July.
- Abramovitch, Rona & Freedman, Jonathan L. & Pliner, Patricia, 1991. "Children and money: getting an allowance, credit versus cash, and knowledge of pricing," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 27-45, March.
- John, Deborah Roedder & Cole, Catherine A, 1986. " Age Differences in Information Processing: Understanding Deficits in Young and Elderly Consumers," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 297-315, December.
- Gurumurthy Kalyanaram & Russell S. Winer, 1995. "Empirical Generalizations from Reference Price Research," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages G161-G169.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:heccah:0820. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.