Understanding the Decline in Japan's Saving Rate in the New Millennium
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- R. Anton Braun & Daisuke Ikeda & Douglas H. Joines, 2009.
"The Saving Rate In Japan: Why It Has Fallen And Why It Will Remain Low,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(1), pages 291-321, February.
- R. Anton Braun & Daisuke Ikeda & Douglas H. Joines, 2007. "The Saving Rate in Japan: Why It Has Fallen and Why It Will Remain Low," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-535, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Douglas H. Joines & R.Anton Braun & Daisuke Ikeda, 2008. "The saving rate in Japan: Why it has fallen and why it will remain low," CARF F-Series CARF-F-117, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Fatih Guvenen, 2007.
"Learning Your Earning: Are Labor Income Shocks Really Very Persistent?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 687-712, June.
- Fatih Guvenen, 2005. "Learning Your Earning: Are Labor Income Shocks Really Very Persistent?," Macroeconomics 0507004, EconWPA.
- Fatih Guvenen, 2006. "Learning your earning: are labor income shocks really very persistent?," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 145, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Barry Bosworth & Gary Burtless & John Sabelhaus, 1991. "The Decline in Saving: Evidence from Household Surveys," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 183-256.
- Selo Imrohoroglu & Kaiji Chen & Ayse Imrohoroglu, 2005. "Japanese Saving Rate," 2005 Meeting Papers 747, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hanno Lustig & Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh, 2008.
"The Returns on Human Capital: Good News on Wall Street is Bad News on Main Street,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(5), pages 2097-2137, September.
- Hanno Lustig & Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh, 2005. "The Returns on Human Capital: Good News on Wall Street is Bad News on Main Street," NBER Working Papers 11564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Horioka, Charles Yuji, 2010.
"The (dis)saving behavior of the aged in Japan,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 151-158, August.
- Charles Yuji Horioka, 2009. "The (Dis)saving Behavior of the Aged in Japan," ISER Discussion Paper 0763, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Charles Y. Horioka, 2009. "The (Dis)saving Behavior of the Aged in Japan," NBER Working Papers 15601, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap, 2004. "Corporate Financing and Governance in Japan: The Road to the Future," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262582481, January.
- Horioka, C.Y., 1992. "The Impact of the Age structure of the Population on the Household Saving Rate in Japan : A Cointegration Analysis," ISER Discussion Paper 0287, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- UNAYAMA Takashi, 2010. "Discrepancy between Saving Rates in SNA and Family Income and Expenditure Survey and Its Implications (Japanese)," Discussion Papers (Japanese) 10003, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Arata Ito & Tsutomu Watanabe & Tomoyoshi Yabu, 2007. "Fiscal Policy Switching: Evidence from Japan, the U.S., and the U.K," IMES Discussion Paper Series 07-E-02, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
More about this item
KeywordsJapan's saving rate; household saving; life cycle model; corporate saving; Lost Decade;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:macroe:23113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .