Japanese fiscal reform: fiscal reconstruction and fiscal policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Toshihiro Ihori & Takero Doi & Hiroki Kondo, 2000. "Japanese Fiscal Reform: Fiscal Reconstruction and Fiscal Policy," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-83, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andres Velasco, 1997. "A Model of Endogenous Fiscal Deficits and Delayed Fiscal Reforms," NBER Working Papers 6336, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beveridge, Stephen & Nelson, Charles R., 1981. "A new approach to decomposition of economic time series into permanent and transitory components with particular attention to measurement of the `business cycle'," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 151-174.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Henning Bohn, 1998. "The Behavior of U. S. Public Debt and Deficits," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 949-963.
- Von Furstenberg, George M. & Green, R. Jeffery & Jeong, Jin-Ho, 1985. "Have Taxes Led Government Expenditures? The United States as a Test Case," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(03), pages 321-348, August.
- Oluwole Owoye, 1995. "The causal relationship between taxes and expenditures in the G7 countries: cointegration and error-correction models," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 19-22.
- von Furstenberg, George M & Green, R Jeffrey & Jeong, Jin-Ho, 1986. "Tax and Spend, or Spend and Tax?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(2), pages 179-188, May.
- Asako, Kazumi & Ito, Takatoshi & Sakamoto, Kazunori, 1991. "The rise and fall of deficit in Japan, 1965-1990," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 451-472, December.
- Becker, Gary S & Mulligan, Casey B, 2003.
"Deadweight Costs and the Size of Government,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 293-340, October.
- Gary S. Becker & Casey B. Mulligan, 1998. "Deadweight Costs and the Size of Government," NBER Working Papers 6789, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Casey B. Mulligan, 1998. "Deadweight Costs and the Size of Government," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 144, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Alesina, Alberto & Drazen, Allan, 1991. "Why Are Stabilizations Delayed?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-1188, December.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Pantula, Sastry G & Gonzalez-Farias, Graciela & Fuller, Wayne A, 1994. "A Comparison of Unit-Root Test Criteria," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(4), pages 449-459, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kuttner, Kenneth N. & Posen, Adam S., 2002. "Fiscal Policy Effectiveness in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 536-558, December.
- Mitsuru Iwamura & Takeshi Kudo & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2005. "Monetary and fiscal policy in a liquidity trap: the Japanese experience 1999-2004," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Fincke, Bettina & Greiner, Alfred, 2011. "Do large industrialized economies pursue sustainable debt policies? A comparative study for Japan, Germany and the United States," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 202-213.
- Doi, Takero & Ihori, Toshihiro, 2002. "Fiscal Reconstruction and Local Interest Groups in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 492-511, December.
- Fukuda, Shin-ichi & Yamada, Junji, 2011.
"Stock price targeting and fiscal deficit in Japan: Why did the fiscal deficit increase during Japan’s lost decades?,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 447-464.
- Shin-ichi Fukuda & Junji Yamada, 2011. "Stock Price Targeting and Fiscal Deficit in Japan: Why Did the Fiscal Deficit Increase . during Japan's Lost Decades?," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-819, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Ito, Arata & Watanabe, Tsutomu & Yabu, Tomoyoshi, 2011. "Fiscal policy switching in Japan, the US, and the UK," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 380-413.
- Brieuc Monfort, 2015. "Can Increased Public Expenditure Efficiency Contribute to the Consolidation of Public Finances in Japan?," Working Papers halshs-01548620, HAL.
- Toshihiro Ihori, 2006. "Fiscal policy and fiscal reconstruction in Japan," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(4), pages 489-508, August.
- Toshihiro Ihori & Hiroki Kondo, 2000. "Efficiency of Disaggregate Public Capital Provision in Japan," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-75, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Toshihiro Ihori & Atsushi Nakamoto, 2005. "Japan's fiscal policy and fiscal reconstruction," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 153-172, November.
- Tsuchiya, Yoichi, 2016. "Assessing macroeconomic forecasts for Japan under an asymmetric loss function," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 233-242.
- Atsumasa Kondo & Koji Kitaura, 2012. "International linkage of inflation rates in a dynamic general equilibrium," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 107(2), pages 141-155, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:japwor:v:13:y:2001:i:4:p:351-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505557 .