The Decline in Saving: Evidence from Household Surveys
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Siebert, Horst & Schmieding, Holger & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 1991. "The transformation of a socialist economy: lessons of German unification," Kiel Working Papers 469, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990.
"Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
478, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1991. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," NBER Working Papers 3579, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt40m5g6pp, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Barry Eichengreen., 1990. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," Economics Working Papers 90-151, University of California at Berkeley.
- Lilien, David M, 1982. "Sectoral Shifts and Cyclical Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 777-793, August.
- Kurt Vogler-Ludwig, 1990. "Verdeckte Arbeitslosigkeit in der DDR," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 43(24), pages 03-10, October.
- Stephen W. Salant, 1977.
"Search Theory and Duration Data: A Theory of Sorts,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 91(1), pages 39-57.
- Stephen W. Salant, 1974. "Search theory and duration data: a theory of sorts," Special Studies Papers 42, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1991. "Macroeconomic Aspects of German Unification," NBER Working Papers 3596, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1969. "Models of Segregation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 488-493, May.
- Siebert, Horst, 1990. "The economic integration of Germany," Kiel Discussion Papers 160, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Davis, Steven J, 1987. "Allocative Disturbances and Specific Capital in Real Business Cycle Theories," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 326-332, May.
- Burda, Michael C, 1990. "The Consequences of German Economic and Monetary Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 449, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Rudiger Dornbusch & Richard Layard (ed.), 1986. "Restoring Europe's Prosperity: Macroeconomic Papers from the Centre for European Policy Studies," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262523949, July.
- Renate Filip-Köhn & Udo Ludwig, 1990. "Dimensionen eines Ausgleichs des Wirtschaftsgefälles zur DDR," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 3, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- André Sapir & Daniel Begg & Alasdair Smith & Charles Wyplosz & Carl Hamilton & L. Alan Winters & Francesco Giavazzi & Victor Norman & Jean-Pierre Danthine & Damien Neven, 1990. "Monitoring European integration: the impact of Eastern Europe :a CEPR annual report," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8224, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michael C. Burda & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1987. "Institutional Aspects of High Unemployment in the Federal Republic of Germany," NBER Working Papers 2241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Colin Lawrence & Robert Z. Lawrence, 1985. "Manufacturing Wage Dispersion: An End Game Interpretation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 16(1), pages 47-116.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaiji Chen & Ayşe İmrohoroğlu & Selahattin İmrohoroğlu, 2007. "The Japanese saving rate between 1960 and 2000: productivity, policy changes, and demographics," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 32(1), pages 87-104, July.
- Norman Loayza & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Luis Servén, 2001.
"Una Revisión del COmportamiento y de los determinantes del ahorro en el mundo,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Felipe Morandé & Rodrigo Vergara & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Edit (ed.), Análisis Empírico del Ahorro en Chile, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 13-48
Central Bank of Chile.
- Norman Loayza & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Luis Servén, 2001. "Una Revisión del Comportamientoy de los Determinantes del Ahorro en el Mundo," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 95, Central Bank of Chile.
- Tokuo Iwaisako & Keiko Okada, 2010. "Understanding the Decline in Japan's Saving Rate in the New Millennium," Macroeconomics Working Papers 23113, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Gary V. Engelhardt, 1995. "House Prices and Home Owner Saving Behavior," NBER Working Papers 5183, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sonia Di Giannatale & María José Roa, 2016.
"Formal Saving in Developing Economies: Barriers, Interventions, and Effects,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
8107, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Gong Cheng & Javier Diaz-Cassou & Aitor Erce, 2017. "From Debt Collection to Relief Provision: 60 Years of Official Debt Restructurings through the Paris Club," Working Papers 20, European Stability Mechanism.
- Engelhardt, Gary V., 1996. "House prices and home owner saving behavior," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 313-336, June.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1409-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Norman Loayza & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Luis Servén, 2000. "Saving in Developing Countries: An Overview," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 14(3), pages 393-414, September.
- Scott Fricker & Brandon Kopp & Nhien To, 2014. "Exploring a Balance Edit Approach in the Consumer Expenditure Quarterly Interview Survey," NBER Chapters,in: Improving the Measurement of Consumer Expenditures, pages 347-364 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sonia Di Giannatale & María José Roa, 2016. "Formal Saving in Developing Economies: Barriers, Interventions, and Effects," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 97397, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Engelhardt, Gary V. & Mayer, Christopher J., 1998.
"Intergenerational Transfers, Borrowing Constraints, and Saving Behavior: Evidence from the Housing Market,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 135-157, July.
- Gary V. Engelhardt & Christopher J. Mayer, 1995. "Intergenerational transfers, borrowing constraints, and saving behavior: evidence from the housing market," Working Papers 95-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John Sabelhaus, 1995. "Understanding the postwar decline in United States saving: a cohort analysis," Working Paper 9518, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John Sabelhaus, 1996.
"Understanding the Postwar Decline in U.S. Saving: A Cohort Analysis,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 27(1), pages 315-407.
- Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John Sabelhaus, 1996. "Understanding the Postwar Decline in U.S. Saving: A Cohort Analysis," NBER Working Papers 5571, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paxson, Christina, 1996. "Saving and growth: Evidence from micro data," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 255-288, February.
- Akın, Ş. Nuray & Leukhina, Oksana, 2015.
"Risk-sharing within families: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 270-284.
- S. Nuray Akin & Oksana Leukhina, 2013. "Risk-Sharing Within Families: Evidence From the Health and Retirement Study," Working Papers 2013-09, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsmacroeconomics; saving; microeconomics; deficit; survey data; income distribution; capital gains;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bin:bpeajo:v:22:y:1991:i:1991-1:p:183-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jennifer Ambrosino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esbrous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.