The Sensitivity of Consumption to Transitory Income: Estimates from Panel Data on Households
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hall, Robert E & Mishkin, Frederic S, 1982. "The Sensitivity of Consumption to Transitory Income: Estimates from Panel Data on Households," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 461-481, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Robert E, 1978. "Stochastic Implications of the Life Cycle-Permanent Income Hypothesis: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(6), pages 971-987, December.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1978. "Efficient-Markets Theory: Implications for Monetary Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 9(3), pages 707-752.
- Yaari, Menahem E., 1976. "A law of large numbers in the theory of consumer's choice under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 202-217, April.
- Walter Dolde & James Tobin, 1971. "Wealth, Liquidity, and Consumption," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 311, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Rozeff, Michael S., 1974. "Money and stock prices : Market efficiency and the lag in effect of monetary policy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 245-302, September.
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H., 1976. "The Phillips curve," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Rogalski, Richard J & Vinso, Joseph D, 1977. "Stock Returns, Money Supply and the Direction of Causality," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1017-1030, September.
- Eisner, Robert, 1969. "Fiscal and Monetary Policy Reconsidered," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 897-905, December.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Lucas, Robert Jr, 1976. "Econometric policy evaluation: A critique," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-46, January.
- Mayer, Thomas, 1972. "Tests of the Permanent Income Theory with Continuous Budgets," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 4(4), pages 757-778, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Blinder, Alan S, 1981. "Temporary Income Taxes and Consumer Spending," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(1), pages 26-53, February.
- Attanasio, Orazio P., 1995.
"The intertemporal allocation of consumption: theory and evidence,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 39-56, June.
- Orazio P. Attanasio, 1994. "The Intertemporal Allocation of Consumption: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4811, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sellin, Peter, 1998. "Monetary Policy and the Stock Market: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Working Paper Series 72, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer, 2006.
"Housing Wealth, Credit Conditions and Consumption,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2006-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Aron, Janine & Muellbauer, John & Murphy, Anthony, 2006. "Housing wealth, credit conditions and consumption," MPRA Paper 24485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Muellbauer & Janine Aron & Ant Murphy & Janine Aron & Anthony Murphy, 2007. "Housing Wealth, Credit Conditions and Consumption," ERES eres2007_257, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Emilio Fernandez-Corugedo, 2004. "Consumption Theory," Handbooks, Centre for Central Banking Studies, Bank of England, number 23, March.
- Salman Ahmed Shaikh & Mohd Adib Ismail & Abdul Ghafar Ismail & Shahida Shahimi & Muhammad Hakimi Mohd. Shafiai, 2018. "An Empirical Investigation Of Consumption Behaviour In Selected Oic Countries," Journal of Islamic Monetary Economics and Finance, Bank Indonesia, vol. 4(1), pages 1-16, August.
- Sensoy, Ahmet & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2016. "Dynamic efficiency of stock markets and exchange rates," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 353-371.
- Mark Schankerman & M. Ishaq Nadiri, 1984. "Investment in R&D, Costs of Adjustment, and Expectations," NBER Chapters, in: R&D, Patents, and Productivity, pages 315-338, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein, 1983.
"Inflation, Tax Rules, and Investment: Some Econometric Evidence,"
NBER Chapters, in: Inflation, Tax Rules, and Capital Formation, pages 243-286,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1982. "Inflation, Tax Rules and Investment: Some Econometric Evidence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 825-862, July.
- Martin Feldstein, 1980. "Inflation, Tax Rules, and Investment: Some Econometric Evidence," NBER Working Papers 0577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kwan, Yum K. & Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Dong, Jinyue, 2015.
"Comparing consumption-based asset pricing models: The case of an Asian city,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 18-41.
- Kwan, Yum K. & Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Dong, Jinyue, 2014. "Comparing Consumption-based Asset Pricing Models: The Case of an Asian City," MPRA Paper 60513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Argia M. Sbordone & Timothy Cogley, 2004.
"A Search for a Structural Phillips Curve,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2004
291, Society for Computational Economics.
- Tim W. Cogley & Argia M. Sbordone, 2005. "A Search for a Structural Phillips Curve," Working Papers 292, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Timothy Cogley & Argia M. Sbordone, 2005. "A search for a structural Phillips curve," Staff Reports 203, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Nyarko, Yaw & Olson, Lars J., 1996.
"Optimal growth with unobservable resources and learning,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 465-491, May.
- Nyarko, Yaw & Olson, Lars J., 1991. "Optimal Growth with Unobservable Resources and Learning," Working Papers 91-01, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Skold, Karl Durwood, 1989. "The integration of alternative information systems: an application to the Hogs and Pigs report," ISU General Staff Papers 1989010108000010239, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Richard Dennis, 2005. "Inflation targeting under commitment and discretion," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 1-13.
- Brunila, Anne, 1996. "Fiscal policy and private consumption : Saving decisions : Evidence from Finland," Research Discussion Papers 28/1996, Bank of Finland.
- Menzie David Chinn, 1991. "Beware of econometricians bearing estimates: Policy analysis in a “unit root” world," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 546-567.
- Zdeněk Dvorný, 2004. "Efficiency of the Secondary T-Bill Market," Prague Economic Papers, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2004(1), pages 17-25.
- Shiller, Robert J. & Huston McCulloch, J., 1990. "The term structure of interest rates," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 627-722, Elsevier.
- Juan Nicolás Hernández A., 2006.
"Revisión de los determinantes macroeconómicos del consumo total de los hogares para el caso colombiano,"
Revista ESPE - Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 24(52), pages 80-109, December.
- Juan Nicolás Hernández, 2006. "Revisión De Los Determinantes Macroeconómicos Del Consumo Total De Los Hogares Para El Caso Colombiano," Borradores de Economia 401, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Juan Nicolás Hernández, 2006. "Revisión De Los Determinantes Macroeconómicos Del Consumo Total De Los Hogares Para El Caso Colombiano," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003472, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1981. "\"Dollarization,\" seignorage, and the demand for money," Working Papers 170, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:0505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.