Flying High and Laying Low in the Public and Private Sectors: A Comparison of Pay Differentials for Full-Time Male Employees in Britain
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chatterji, Monojit & Mumford, Karen, 2008. "Flying High and Laying Low in the Public and Private Sectors: A Comparison of Pay Differentials for Full-Time Male Employees in Britain," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-11, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Karen Mumford & Peter N. Smith, 2004.
"Job Tenure in Britain: Employee Characteristics versus Workplace Effects,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(281), pages 275-297, May.
- Karen Mumford & Peter N Smith, "undated". "Job Tenure in Britain: Employee Characteristics Versus Workplace Effects," Discussion Papers 04/06, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Mumford, Karen A. & Smith, Peter N., 2004. "Job Tenure in Britain: Employee Characteristics Versus Workplace Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 1085, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- James M. Poterba & Kim S. Rueben, 1994. "The Distribution of Public Sector Wage Premia: New Evidence Using Quantile Regression Methods," NBER Working Papers 4734, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Nickell & Glenda Quintini, 2002. "The Consequences of The Decline in Public Sector Pay in Britain: A Little Bit of Evidence," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 107-118, February.
- Mumford, Karen A. & Smith, Peter N., 2007. "Assessing the Importance of Male and Female Part-Time Work for the Gender Earnings Gap in Britain," IZA Discussion Papers 2981, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yu, Keming & Van Kerm, Philippe & Zhang, Jin, 2004. "Bayesian quantile regression: An application to the wage distribution in 1990s Britain," IRISS Working Paper Series 2004-10, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- David Neumark, 1988.
"Employers' Discriminatory Behavior and the Estimation of Wage Discrimination,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 279-295.
- David Neumark, 1987. "Employers' discriminatory behavior and the estimation of wage discrimination," Special Studies Papers 227, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
More about this item
Keywordspublic sector earnings; male; fixed effects; earnings-gap; decompositions; segregation;
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- J7 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dun:dpaper:209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrzej Kwiatkowski). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dedunuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.