Prospects for pumped-hydro storage in Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hsu, Michael, 1997. "An introduction to the pricing of electric power transmission," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 257-270, September.
- Jobert, Arthur & Laborgne, Pia & Mimler, Solveig, 2007. "Local acceptance of wind energy: Factors of success identified in French and German case studies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2751-2760, May.
- Groothuis, Peter A. & Groothuis, Jana D. & Whitehead, John C., 2008.
"Green vs. green: Measuring the compensation required to site electrical generation windmills in a viewshed,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1545-1550, April.
- Peter A. Groothuis & Jana D. Groothuis & John C. Whitehead, 2007. "Green vs. Green: Measuring the Compensation Required to Site Electrical Generation Windmills in a Viewshed," Working Papers 07-12, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- van der Horst, Dan, 2007. "NIMBY or not? Exploring the relevance of location and the politics of voiced opinions in renewable energy siting controversies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2705-2714, May.
- Kunreuther, Howard & Kleindorfer, Paul R, 1986. "A Sealed-Bid Auction Mechanism for Siting Noxious Facilities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 295-299, May.
- Gross, Catherine, 2007. "Community perspectives of wind energy in Australia: The application of a justice and community fairness framework to increase social acceptance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2727-2736, May.
- Richard Green, 2007. "Nodal pricing of electricity: how much does it cost to get it wrong?," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 125-149, April.
- Egre, Dominique & Milewski, Joseph C., 2002. "The diversity of hydropower projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1225-1230, November.
- Brian K. Edwards & Silvio J. Flaim & Richard E. Howitt, 1999. "Optimal Provision of Hydroelectric Power under Environmental and Regulatory Constraints," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(2), pages 267-283.
- Trussart, Serge & Messier, Danielle & Roquet, Vincent & Aki, Shuichi, 2002. "Hydropower projects: a review of most effective mitigation measures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1251-1259, November.
- Musall, Fabian David & Kuik, Onno, 2011. "Local acceptance of renewable energy--A case study from southeast Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3252-3260, June.
- Andersson, S.-L. & Elofsson, A.K. & Galus, M.D. & Göransson, L. & Karlsson, S. & Johnsson, F. & Andersson, G., 2010. "Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles as regulating power providers: Case studies of Sweden and Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2751-2762, June.
- Ramteen Sioshansi, 2010. "Welfare Impacts of Electricity Storage and the Implications of Ownership Structure," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 173-198.
- Jones, Christopher R. & Richard Eiser, J., 2010. "Understanding 'local' opposition to wind development in the UK: How big is a backyard?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 3106-3117, June.
- Zoellner, Jan & Schweizer-Ries, Petra & Wemheuer, Christin, 2008. "Public acceptance of renewable energies: Results from case studies in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4136-4141, November.
- Steffen, Bjarne & Weber, Christoph, 2013.
"Efficient storage capacity in power systems with thermal and renewable generation,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 556-567.
- Bjarne Steffen & Christoph Weber, 2011. "Efficient storage capacity in power systems with thermal and renewable generation," EWL Working Papers 1104, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Aug 2011.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tilmann Rave & Ursula Triebswetter & Johann Wackerbauer, 2013.
"Koordination von Innovations-, Energie- und Umweltpolitik,"
ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 61, September.
- Rave, Tilmann & Triebswetter, Ursula & Wackerbauer, Johann, 2013. "Koordination von Innovations-, Energie- und Umweltpolitik," Studien zum deutschen Innovationssystem 10-2013, Expertenkommission Forschung und Innovation (EFI) - Commission of Experts for Research and Innovation, Berlin.
- Herrmann, Johannes & Savin, Ivan, 2015. "Evolution of the electricity market in Germany: Identifying policy implications by an agent-based model," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112959, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Geth, F. & Brijs, T. & Kathan, J. & Driesen, J. & Belmans, R., 2015. "An overview of large-scale stationary electricity storage plants in Europe: Current status and new developments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1212-1227.
More about this item
Keywordspumped-hydro energy storage; power plant investment; Germany;
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2011-12-13 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dui:wpaper:1107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andreas Fritz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwessde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.