Bankruptcy and the difficulty of firing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Juan C. Botero & Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2004.
"The Regulation of Labor,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(4), pages 1339-1382.
- Juan Botero & Simeon Djankov & Rafael LaPorta & Florencio López-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, "undated". "The Regulation of Labor," Working Paper 19483, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Botero, J. C. & Djankov, S. & Porta, R. L. & Lopez-de-Silanes, F. & Shleifer, Andrei, 2004. "The Regulation of Labor," Scholarly Articles 27867241, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Juan Botero, 2003. "The Regulation of Labor," NBER Working Papers 9756, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard B. Freeman & Morris M. Kleiner, 1999. "Do Unions Make Enterprises Insolvent?," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 52(4), pages 510-527, July.
- Fabling, Richard & Grimes, Arthur, 2005.
"Insolvency and economic development: Regional variation and adjustment,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 339-359.
- Richard Fabling & Arthur Grimes, 2004. "Insolvency and Economic Development: Regional Variation and Adjustment," Working Papers 03_18, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Richard Fabling & Arthur Grimes, 2004. "Insolvency and Economic Development:Regional Variation and Adjustment," Development and Comp Systems 0404006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stijn Claessens & Leora F. Klapper, 2005.
"Bankruptcy around the World: Explanations of Its Relative Use,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 7(1), pages 253-283.
- Claessens, Stijn & Klapper, Leora F., 2002. "Bankruptcy around the World: Explanations of its Relative Use," CEI Working Paper Series 2002-17, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Claessens, Stijn & Klapper, Leora F., 2002. "Bankruptcy around the world - explanations of its relative use," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2865, The World Bank.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2004.
"Can Labor Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 91-134.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Burgess, Robin, 2002. "Can Labour Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 3260, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2002. "Can Labour Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 33, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Besley, Timothy & Burgess, Robin, 2002. "Can labour regulation hinder economic performance? Evidence from India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3779, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Boyes, William J & Faith, Roger L, 1986. "Some Effects of the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1978," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 139-149, April.
- Richard Disney & Jonathan Haskel & Ylva Heden, 2003. "Entry, Exit and Establishment Survival in UK Manufacturing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 91-112, March.
- Djankov, Simeon & Ramalho, Rita, 2009. "Employment laws in developing countries," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 3-13, March.
- Hogan, Chad, 2001. "Enforcement of Implicit Employment Contracts through Unionization," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 171-195, January.
- Di Tella, Rafael & MacCulloch, Robert, 2005.
"The consequences of labor market flexibility: Panel evidence based on survey data,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 1225-1259, July.
- DiTella, Rafael & MacCulloch, Robert, 1999. "The consequences of labour market flexibility: Panel evidence based on survey data," ZEI Working Papers B 02-1999, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Klapper, Leora, 2003. "Resolution of corporate distress in East Asia," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 199-216, February.
- Gerard A. Pfann, 2006. "Downsizing and Heterogeneous Firing Costs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 158-170, February.
- Oscar Couwenberg & Abe Jong, 2008. "Costs and recovery rates in the Dutch liquidation-based bankruptcy system," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 105-127, October.
- Blazy, Régis & Chopard, Bertrand & Nigam, Nirjhar, 2013.
"Building legal indexes to explain recovery rates: An analysis of the French and English bankruptcy codes,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1936-1959.
- Régis Blazy & Bertrand Chopard & Nirjhar Nigam, 2013. "Buiding legal indexes to explain recovery rates: An analysis of the French and English bankrupcy codes," Post-Print hal-01514536, HAL.
- Régis Blazy & Bertrand Chopard & Nirjhar Nigam, 2013. "Building Legal Indexes to Explain Recovery Rates: An Analysis of the French and English Bankruptcy Codes," Post-Print hal-01385918, HAL.
- Regis Blazy & Bertrand Chopard & Nirjhar Nigam, 2013. "Building Legal Indexes to Explain Recovery Rates: An Analysis of the French and English Bankruptcy Codes," Post-Print hal-01369460, HAL.
- Paul Oyer & Scott Schaefer, 2000. "Layoffs and Litigation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(2), pages 345-358, Summer.
- Stefan Buehler & Christian Kaiser & Franz Jaeger, 2012. "The geographic determinants of bankruptcy: evidence from Switzerland," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 231-251, July.
- Régis BLAZY & Nicolae STEF, 2015. "How do bankruptcy systems perform in Eastern Europe?," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2015-07, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Francine Lafontaine & Jagadeesh Sivadasan, 2009. "Do Labor Market Rigidities Have Microeconomic Effects? Evidence from within the Firm," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 88-127, April.
- Nico Dewaelheyns & Cynthia Hulle, 2008. "Legal reform and aggregate small and micro business bankruptcy rates: evidence from the 1997 Belgian bankruptcy code," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 409-424, December.
- Klapper, Leora & Laeven, Luc & Rajan, Raghuram, 2006. "Entry regulation as a barrier to entrepreneurship," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 591-629, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBankruptcy; Layoff; Labor.;
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAW-2017-05-14 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:drm:wpaper:2017-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerie Mignon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/modemfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.