How do bankruptcy systems perform in Eastern Europe?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tomoe Moore, 2009. "Soft Budget Constraints in EU Transition Economy Enterprises," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 411-430, December.
- Begg, David & Portes, Richard, 1993. "Enterprise debt and financial restructuring in Central and Eastern Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 396-407, April.
- Iraj Hashi, 1995. "The Economics of Bankrupcy, Reorganisation and Liquidation: Lessons for East European Transitional Economies," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0041, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Arturo Bris & Ivo Welch & Ning Zhu, 2006. "The Costs of Bankruptcy: Chapter 7 Liquidation versus Chapter 11 Reorganization," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(3), pages 1253-1303, June.
- Ewa Balcerowicz & Iraj Hashi & Jens Lowitzsch & Miklos Szanyi, 2003. "The Development of Insolvency Procedures in Transition Economies: a Comparative Analysis," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0254, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye, 2000.
"Using options to divide value in corporate bankruptcy,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 829-843, May.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk, 2000. "Using Options to Divide Value in Corporate Bankruptcy," NBER Working Papers 7614, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grunert, Jens & Weber, Martin, 2009. "Recovery rates of commercial lending: Empirical evidence for German companies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 505-513, March.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco & Bianco, Magda, 2005.
"Courts and Banks: Effects of Judicial Enforcement on Credit Markets,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 223-244, April.
- Magda Bianco & Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano, 2001. "Courts and Banks: Effects of Judicial Enforcement on Credit Markets," CSEF Working Papers 58, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 09 Apr 2002.
- Bianco, Magda & Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco, 2002. "Courts and Banks: Effects of Judicial Enforcement on Credit Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 3347, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Legros Patrick & Mitchell Janet, 1995.
"Bankruptcy as a Control Device in Economies in Transition,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 265-301, June.
- Patrick Legros & Janet Mitchell, 1995. "Bankruptcy as control device in economies in transition," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7042, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cornelli, Francesca & Felli, Leonardo, 1997. "Ex-ante efficiency of bankruptcy procedures," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 475-485, April.
- Earle, John S. & Telegdy, Almos, 2002.
"Privatization Methods and Productivity Effects in Romanian Industrial Enterprises,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 657-682, December.
- John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, "undated". "Privatization Methods and Productivity Effects in Romanian Industrial Enterprises," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles jse20024, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, 2002. "Privatization Methods and Productivity Effects in Romanian Industrial Enterprises," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 02-81, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Manove, Michael & Padilla, A Jorge & Pagano, Marco, 2001. "Collateral versus Project Screening: A Model of Lazy Banks," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 726-744, Winter.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1974. "On the Irrelevance of Corporate Financial Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 851-866, December.
- Oscar Couwenberg & Abe Jong, 2008. "Costs and recovery rates in the Dutch liquidation-based bankruptcy system," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 105-127, October.
- Simeon Djankov & Oliver Hart & Caralee McLiesh & Andrei Shleifer, 2008.
"Debt Enforcement around the World,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(6), pages 1105-1149, December.
- Simeon Djankov & Oliver Hart & Caralee McLiesh & Andrei Shleifer, 2006. "Debt Enforcement Around the World," NBER Working Papers 12807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shleifer, Andrei & McLiesh, Caralee & Hart, Oliver & Djankov, Simeon, 2008. "Debt Enforcement Around the World," Scholarly Articles 2961825, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Blazy, Regis & Chopard, Bertrand, 2004. "Ex post efficiency of bankruptcy procedures: A general normative framework," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 447-471, December.
- Blazy, Régis & Chopard, Bertrand & Nigam, Nirjhar, 2013.
"Building legal indexes to explain recovery rates: An analysis of the French and English bankruptcy codes,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1936-1959.
- Régis Blazy & Bertrand Chopard & Nirjhar Nigam, 2013. "Buiding legal indexes to explain recovery rates: An analysis of the French and English bankrupcy codes," Post-Print hal-01514536, HAL.
- White, Michelle J, 1989. "The Corporate Bankruptcy Decision," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 129-151, Spring.
- Thorburn, Karin S., 2000. "Bankruptcy auctions: costs, debt recovery, and firm survival," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 337-368, December.
- Daigle, Katherine H & Maloney, Michael T, 1994. "Residual Claims in Bankruptcy: An Agency Theory Explanation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 157-192, April.
- Baird, Douglas G., 1991. "The initiation problem in bankruptcy," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 223-232, September.
- Sergei A. Davydenko & Julian R. Franks, 2008. "Do Bankruptcy Codes Matter? A Study of Defaults in France, Germany, and the U.K," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(2), pages 565-608, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicolae Stef, 2017. "Bankruptcy and the difficulty of firing," EconomiX Working Papers 2017-26, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Jaka Cepec & Peter Grajzl & Katarina Zajc, 2016. "Debt Recovery in Firm Liquidations: Do Liquidation Trustees Matter?," CESifo Working Paper Series 6034, CESifo.
More about this item
Keywordsbankruptcy; attractiveness; recoveries; transition economies.;
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- P34 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EUR-2015-10-10 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAW-2015-10-10 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2015-10-10 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lar:wpaper:2015-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe J. Godlewski). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lastrfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.