Residual Claims in Bankruptcy: An Agency Theory Explanation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Scott, James H, Jr, 1977. "Bankruptcy, Secured Debt, and Optimal Capital Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Warner, Jerold B., 1977. "Bankruptcy, absolute priority, and the pricing of risky debt claims," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 239-276, May.
- James S. Ang & Jess H. Chua, 1980. "Coalitions, the Me-First Rule, and the Liquidation Decision," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 355-359, Spring.
- Gilson, Stuart C. & John, Kose & Lang, Larry H. P., 1990. "Troubled debt restructurings*1: An empirical study of private reorganization of firms in default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 315-353, October.
- Haugen, Robert A. & Senbet, Lemma W., 1988. "Bankruptcy and Agency Costs: Their Significance to the Theory of Optimal Capital Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(01), pages 27-38, March.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kalay, Avner & Zender, Jaime F., 1997. "Bankruptcy, Warrants, and State-Contingent Changes in the Ownership of Control," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 347-379, October.
- Blazy, Régis & Letaief, Aziza, 2017.
"When secured and unsecured creditors recover the same: The emblematic case of the Tunisian corporate bankruptcies,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 19-41.
- Régis BLAZY & Aziza LETAIEF, 2015. "When secured and unsecured creditors recover the same: The emblematic case of the Tunisian corporate bankruptcies," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2015-08, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- John F. Crean, 2009. "Credit Risk, Default Loss, and the Economics of Bankruptcy," Working Papers tecipa-354, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Jochen Bigus & Thomas Eger, 2004. "Insolvenzrecht zwischen privatautonomer Gestaltung und öffentlicher Regulierung," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 5(2), pages 193-209, May.
- Bergman, Yaacov & Callen, Jeffrey L., 1995. "Rational deviations from absolute priority rules," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-18.
- Fisher, Timothy C G & Martel, Jocelyn, 1999.
"Should We Abolish Chapter 11? Evidence from Canada,"
The Journal of Legal Studies,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(1), pages 233-257, January.
- Timothy C. G. Fisher & Jocelyn Martel, 1996. "Should We Abolish Chapter 11 : Evidence from Canada," CIRANO Working Papers 96s-22, CIRANO.
- Pryshchepa, Oksana & Aretz, Kevin & Banerjee, Shantanu, 2013. "Can investors restrict managerial behavior in distressed firms?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 222-239.
- Detragiache, Enrica, 1995. "Adverse selection and the costs of financial distress," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 347-365, April.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:561-582 is not listed on IDEAS
- Régis BLAZY & Nicolae STEF, 2015. "How do bankruptcy systems perform in Eastern Europe?," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2015-07, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Thomas Eger, 2001. "Bankruptcy Regulations and the New German Insolvency Law from an Economic Point of View," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 29-46, January.
- Kurt Rotthoff, 2012. "Bankruptcy behavior in the NFL: does the overtime structure change the strategy of the game?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 36(3), pages 662-674, July.
- Couwenberg, Oscar & Lubben, Stephen J., 2013. "Solving creditor problems in the twilight zone: Superfluous law and inadequate private solutions," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 61-76.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:37:y:1994:i:1:p:157-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.