Hazardous-industry restructuring to avoid liability for accidents
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Posey, Lisa Lipowski, 1993. "Limited liability and incentives when firms can inflict damages greater than net worth," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 325-330, September.
- Veld, Klaas T. van 't & Rausser, Gordon C. & Simon, Leo K, 2000.
"Fitting the glass slipper: optimal capital structure in the face of liability,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
917, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- van 't Veld, Klaas T. & Rausser, Gordon C. & Simon, Leo K., 2000. "Fitting the glass slipper: optimal capital structure in the face of liability," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt5nb497vk, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Boyd, James & Ingberman, Daniel E., 1999. "Do punitive damages promote deterrence?1," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 47-68, March.
- Wiggins, Steven N & Ringleb, Al H, 1992. "Adverse Selection and Long-Term Hazards: The Choice between Contract and Mandatory Liability Rules," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 189-215, January.
- Hutchinson, Emma & van 't Veld, Klaas, 2005. "Extended liability for environmental accidents: what you see is what you get," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 157-173, January.
- Craig, Ben & Thiel, Stuart E., 1990. "Large risks and the decision to incorporate," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 185-194, August.
- MacMinn, Richard D. & Brockett, Patrick L., 1995. "Corporate spin-offs as a value enhancing technique when faced with legal liability," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 63-68, April.
- Mason, Robin, 2004.
"Dividends, safety and liquidation when liabilities are long-term and stochastic,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 1179-1210, December.
- Mason, Robin, 1997. "Dividends, Safety and Liquidation when Liabilities are Long-term and Stochastic," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9731, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Randall K. Filer & Devra L. Golbe, 2003. "Debt, Operating Margin, and Investment In Workplace Safety," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 359-381, 09.
- Ketkar, Kusum W, 1995. "Protection of marine resources: the US Oil Pollution Act of 1990 and the future of the maritime industry," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 391-400, September.
- Alberini, Anna & Austin, David, 1999.
"On and Off the Liability Bandwagon: Explaining State Adoptions of Strict Liability in Hazardous Waste Programs,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 41-63, January.
- Austin, David & Alberini, Anna, 1997. "On and Off the Liability Bandwagon: Explaining State Adoptions of Strict Liability in Hazardous Waste Programs," Discussion Papers dp-98-08, Resources For the Future.
- Boyer, M. & Laffont, J.J., 1995.
"Environmental Risks and Bank Liability,"
Cahiers de recherche
9501, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Boyer, M. & Laffont, J.J., 1995. "Environmental Risks and Bank Liability," Cahiers de recherche 9501, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Boyer, Marcel & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1994. "Environmental Risks and Bank Liability," IDEI Working Papers 45, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Marcel Boyer & Jean-Jacques Laffont, 1994. "Environmental Risks and Bank Liability," CIRANO Working Papers 94s-22, CIRANO.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
- Merolla, A. Todd, 1998. "The Effect of Latent Hazards on Firm Exit in Manufacturing Industries," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 13-24, March.
- Boyd, James & Ingberman, Daniel E, 1997. "The Search for Deep Pockets: Is "Extended Liability" Expensive Liability?," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 232-58, April.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Alberini, Anna & Austin, David H., 1999.
"Strict Liability as a Deterrent in Toxic Waste Management: Empirical Evidence from Accident and Spill Data,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 20-48, July.
- Austin, David & Alberini, Anna, 1998. "Strict Liability as a Deterrent in Toxic Waste Management: Empirical Evidence from Accident and Spill Data," Discussion Papers dp-98-16, Resources For the Future.
- T. Randolph Beard, 1990. "Bankruptcy and Care Choice," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(4), pages 626-634, Winter.
- Ringleb, Al H & Wiggins, Steven N, 1990. "Liability and Large-Scale, Long-term Hazards," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(3), pages 574-95, June.
- Scott, James H, Jr, 1977. "Bankruptcy, Secured Debt, and Optimal Capital Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-19, March.
- James Boyd & Daniel E. Ingberman, 2003. "Fly by Night or Face the Music? Premature Dissolution and the Desirability of Extended Liability," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 189-232.
- Polinsky, A Mitchell, 1980. "Strict Liability vs. Negligence in a Market Setting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 363-67, May.
- Shavell, S., 1986. "The judgment proof problem," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 45-58, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec:v:26:y:2006:i:3:p:297-322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.