Unemployment and Smoking: Causation, Selection, or Common Cause? Evidence from Longitudinal Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, January.
- Martin Kroh, 2010. "Documentation of Sample Sizes and Panel Attrition in the German Socio Economic Panel (SOEP) (1984 until 2009)," Data Documentation 50, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- James J. Heckman & Jora Stixrud & Sergio Urzua, 2006.
"The Effects of Cognitive and Noncognitive Abilities on Labor Market Outcomes and Social Behavior,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 411-482, July.
- James J. Heckman & Jora Stixrud & Sergio Urzua, 2006. "The Effects of Cognitive and Noncognitive Abilities on Labor Market Outcomes and Social Behavior," NBER Working Papers 12006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deb, Partha & Gallo, William T. & Ayyagari, Padmaja & Fletcher, Jason M. & Sindelar, Jody L., 2011. "The effect of job loss on overweight and drinking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 317-327, March.
- Reinhard Schunck & Benedikt Rogge, 2010. "Unemployment and its association with health-relevant actions: investigating the role of time perspective with German census data," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 55(4), pages 271-278, August.
- Jan Marcus, 2014.
"Does Job Loss Make You Smoke and Gain Weight?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 81(324), pages 626-648, October.
- Jan Marcus, 2012. "Does Job Loss Make You Smoke and Gain Weight?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 432, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Theresia Theurl & Jochen Wicher & Christina Cappenberg, 2012. "Merkmale und Einschätzungen der Bewohner von Wohnungsgenossenschaften: eine Charakterisierung auf Basis des Sozio-oekonomischen Panels," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 524, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Theurl, Theresia & Wicher, Jochen & Cappenberg, Christina, 2013. "Eigenschaften und Einstellungen von Bewohnern von Wohnungsgenossenschaften," Arbeitspapiere 129, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth behaviour; smoking; unemployment; longitudinal analysis; life course; health inequality; fixed effects; random effects;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwsop:diw_sp491. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sodiwde.html .