Warranties, Durability, and Maintenance: Two Sided Moral Hazard in a Continuous-Time Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Philip H. Dybvig & Nancy A. Lutz, 1993. "Warranties, Durability, and Maintenance: Two-sided Moral Hazard in a Continuous-Time Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 575-597.
References listed on IDEAS
- Theodore Groves, 1974. "Information, Incentives and the Internalization of Production Externalities," Discussion Papers 87, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1981. "The Informational Role of Warranties and Private Disclosure about Product Quality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 461-483, December.
- Russell Cooper & Thomas W. Ross, 1985. "Product Warranties and Double Moral Hazard," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(1), pages 103-113, Spring.
- Michael Spence, 1977. "Consumer Misperceptions, Product Failure and Producer Liability," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 561-572.
- Tom Ross & Russell Cooper, 1986. "An Intertemporal Model of Warranties," Carleton Industrial Organization Research Unit (CIORU) 86-01, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Nancy A. Lutz, 1989. "Warranties as Signals under Consumer Moral Hazard," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(2), pages 239-255, Summer.
- Geoffrey Heal, 1977. "Guarantees and Risk-Sharing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 549-560.
- Russell Cooper & Thomas W. Ross, 1988. "An Intertemporal Model of Warranties," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(1), pages 72-86, February.
- Emons, Winand, 1988. "Warranties, moral hazard, and the lemons problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 16-33, October.
- Mann, D.P. & Wissink, J.P., 1989. "Hidden Actions And Hidden Characteristics In Warranty Markets," Department of Economics Working Papers 133, Department of Economics, Williams College.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Junhong Chu & Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 2009. "Quantifying the Economic Value of Warranties in the U.S. Server Market," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(1), pages 99-121, 01-02.
- Helmut Bester & Daniel Krähmer, 2008. "Delegation and incentives," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(3), pages 664-682.
- D Vandegrift, 2001. "Quality-Assuring Price And Breach Of Express Or Implied Warranty," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(2), pages 186-196, April.
- Nian Yang & Jun Yang & Yu Chen, 2018. "Contracting in a Continuous-Time Model with Three-Sided Moral Hazard and Cost Synergies," Graz Economics Papers 2018-06, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Xu & Li, Ling & Zhou, Ming, 2012. "Manufacturer's pricing strategy for supply chain with warranty period-dependent demand," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 807-816.
- Li, Kunpeng & Chhajed, Dilip & Mallik, Suman, 2005. "Design of Extended Warranties in Supply Chains," Working Papers 05-0128, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Boom, Anette, 1998. "Product risk sharing by warranties in a monopoly market with risk-averse consumers," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 241-257, January.
- Lutz, Nancy A. & Padmanabhan, V., 1998. "Warranties, extended warranties, and product quality," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 463-493, July.
- Jun Yang, 2010. "Timing of Effort and Reward: Three-Sided Moral Hazard in a Continuous-Time Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(9), pages 1568-1583, September.
- McClure, James & Kumcu, Erdogan, 2008. "Promotions and product pricing: Parsimony versus Veblenesque demand," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 105-117, January.
- Aidan Hollis, 1996. "Exclusivity Restrictions in Markets with Adverse Selection: The Case of Extended Warranties," Working Papers ecpap-96-03, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Eleonora Fichera & James Banks & Matt Sutton, 2014. "Health behaviours and the patient-doctor interaction: The double moral hazard problem," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1415, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Lutz, Nancy A., 1995. "Ownership rights and incentives in franchising," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1-2), pages 103-131, October.
More about this item
KeywordsWarranties; moral hazard; incentives; product quality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwl:cwldpp:922. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Regan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cowleus.html .