Monopoly Pricing of Experience Goods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bhattacharya, Jayanta & Vogt, William B, 2003. "A Simple Model of Pharmaceutical Price Dynamics," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 599-626, October.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1986. "Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 796-821, August.
- Kenneth L. Judd & Michael H. Riordan, 1994. "Price and Quality in a New Product Monopoly," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(4), pages 773-789.
- Ching, Andrew T., 2010.
"Consumer learning and heterogeneity: Dynamics of demand for prescription drugs after patent expiration,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 619-638, November.
- Ching, Andrew, 2008. "Consumer Learning and Heterogeneity: Dynamics of Demand for Prescription Drugs after Patent Expiration," MPRA Paper 7265, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sobel, Joel, 1991. "Durable Goods Monopoly with Entry of New Consumers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1455-1485, September.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 2004. "Consumer Learning, Brand Loyalty, and Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 134-145, December.
- Gregory S. Crawford & Matthew Shum, 2005. "Uncertainty and Learning in Pharmaceutical Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(4), pages 1137-1173, July.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 2006. "Dynamic Competition with Experience Goods," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 37-66, March.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Riordan, Michael H, 1991. "High and Declining Prices Signal Product Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 224-239.
- Keller, Godfrey & Rady, Sven, 2003.
" Price Dispersion and Learning in a Dynamic Differentiated-Goods Duopoly,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(1), pages 138-165, Spring.
- Keller, Godfrey & Rady, Sven, 2001. "Price Dispersion and Learning in a Dynamic Differentiated-Goods Duopoly," Discussion Papers in Economics 21, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Keller, R Godfrey & Rady, Sven, 2001. "Price Dispersion and Learning in a Dynamic Differentiated-Goods Duopoly," CEPR Discussion Papers 2919, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hopkins, Ed, 2007.
"Adaptive learning models of consumer behavior,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 64(3-4), pages 348-368.
- Ed Hopkins, 2004. "Adaptive Learning Models of Consumer Behaviour," ESE Discussion Papers 121, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Ed Hopkins, 2006. "Adaptive Learning Models of Consumer Behaviour," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000658, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Ed Hopkins, 2010. "Adaptive Learning Models of Consumer Behaviour," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000346, David K. Levine.
- Sofia Berto Villas-Boas & J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 2008.
"Learning, Forgetting, and Sales,"
INFORMS, vol. 54(11), pages 1951-1960, November.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Villas-Boas, Miguel, 2006. "Learning, Forgetting, and Sales," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7td275hv, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Villas-Boas, J Miguel, 2008. "Learning, Forgetting, and Sales," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt01v2r04t, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Bipasa Datta & Clive D Fraser, 2006. "The Company You Keep: Qualitative Uncertainty in Providing Club Goods," Discussion Papers 06/21, Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
KeywordsMonopoly; dynamic pricing; learning; experience goods; continuous time; Markov perfect equilibrium;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-07-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2004-07-26 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2004-07-26 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwl:cwldpp:1463. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Regan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cowleus.html .