A Consumable Money. An Elementary Discussion of Commodity Money, Fiat Money and Credit: Part I
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Shubik, 2000. "The Theory of Money," Working Papers 00-03-021, Santa Fe Institute.
- Pradeep Dubey & John Geanakoplos & Martin Shubik, 2003. "Is gold an efficient store of value?," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 21(4), pages 767-782, June.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Mas-Colell, Andreau & Shubik, Martin, 1980. "Efficiency properties of strategies market games: An axiomatic approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 339-362, April.
- Pradeep Dubey & John Geanakoplos, 2003. "Inside and outside fiat money, gains to trade, and IS-LM," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 21(2), pages 347-397, March.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-968, October.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Sahi, Siddharta & Shubik, Martin, 1993. "Repeated trade and the velocity of money," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 125-137.
- Magill, M. & Quinzii, M., 1992. "Real effects of money in general equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 301-342.
- Pradeep Dubey & Lloyd S. Shapley, 1977. "Noncooperative Exchange with a Continuum of Traders," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 447, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Eric Smith & Martin Shubik, 2005.
"Strategic freedom, constraint, and symmetry in one-period markets with cash and credit payment,"
Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(3), pages 513-551, April.
- Martin Shubik & Eric Smith, 2003. "Strategic Freedom, Constraint, and Symmetry in One-period Markets with Cash and Credit Payment," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1420, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Martin Shubik & David Eric Smith, 2004. "Strategic Freedom, Constraint, and Symmetry in One-period Markets with Cash and Credit Payment," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm379, Yale School of Management.
More about this item
KeywordsBarley; Gold; Fiat and credit; Evolution of money;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- N20 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - General, International, or Comparative
- P10 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2004-06-27 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAW-2004-06-27 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2004-06-27 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MIC-2004-03-14 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2004-06-27 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwl:cwldpp:1455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Regan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cowleus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.