A Consumable Money. An Elementary Discussion of Commodity Money, Fiat Money and Credit: Part I
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Shubik, 2000. "The Theory of Money," Working Papers 00-03-021, Santa Fe Institute.
- Pradeep Dubey & John Geanakoplos & Martin Shubik, 2003. "Is gold an efficient store of value?," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 21(4), pages 767-782, June.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Mas-Colell, Andreau & Shubik, Martin, 1980. "Efficiency properties of strategies market games: An axiomatic approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 339-362, April.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-968, October.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Sahi, Siddharta & Shubik, Martin, 1993. "Repeated trade and the velocity of money," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 125-137.
- Magill, M. & Quinzii, M., 1992. "Real effects of money in general equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 301-342.
- Eric Smith & Martin Shubik, 2005.
"Strategic freedom, constraint, and symmetry in one-period markets with cash and credit payment,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(3), pages 513-551, April.
- Martin Shubik & Eric Smith, 2003. "Strategic Freedom, Constraint, and Symmetry in One-period Markets with Cash and Credit Payment," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1420, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Martin Shubik & David Eric Smith, 2004. "Strategic Freedom, Constraint, and Symmetry in One-period Markets with Cash and Credit Payment," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm379, Yale School of Management.
More about this item
KeywordsBarley; Gold; Fiat and credit; Evolution of money;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- N20 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - General, International, or Comparative
- P10 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2004-06-27 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAW-2004-06-27 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2004-06-27 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MIC-2004-03-14 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2004-06-27 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwl:cwldpp:1455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Regan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cowleus.html .