Exchange Rate Movements on Sectoral Stock Prices of Nigerian Firms: Is there Evidence of Asymmetry?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hoang, Thi Hong Van & Lahiani, Amine & Heller, David, 2016. "Is gold a hedge against inflation? New evidence from a nonlinear ARDL approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 54-66.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Feng, Qu & Kao, Chihwa, 2012.
"A Lagrange Multiplier test for cross-sectional dependence in a fixed effects panel data model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 170(1), pages 164-177.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Qu Feng & Chihwa Kao, 2012. "A Lagrange Multiplier Test for Cross-Sectional Dependence in a Fixed Effects Panel Data Model," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 137, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- De Hoyos, Rafael E. & Sarafidis, Vasilis, 2006.
"Testing for cross-sectional dependence in panel-data models,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 6(4), pages 1-15.
- Rafael E. De Hoyos & Vasilis Sarafidis, 2006. "Testing for cross-sectional dependence in panel-data models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(4), pages 482-496, December.
- Bartram, Sohnke M., 2004.
"Linear and nonlinear foreign exchange rate exposures of German nonfinancial corporations,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 673-699, June.
- Sohnke M. Bartram, 2002. "Linear and Nonlinear Foreign Exchange Rate Exposures of German Nonfinancial Corporations," Finance 0207001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chkili, Walid & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2014.
"Exchange rate movements and stock market returns in a regime-switching environment: Evidence for BRICS countries,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 46-56.
- Walid Chkili & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "Exchange rate movements and stock market returns in a regime-switching environment: Evidence for BRICS countries," Working Papers 2014-388, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Walid Chkili & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2011. "Modeling the volatility of Mediterranean stock markets: a regime-switching approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(2), pages 1105-1113.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Sujata Saha, 2015. "On the relation between stock prices and exchange rates: a review article," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 42(4), pages 707-732, September.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2007.
"A simple panel unit root test in the presence of cross-section dependence,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-312.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2003. "A Simple Panel Unit Root Test in the Presence of Cross Section Dependence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0346, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Douglas Wong & Kui-Wai Li, 2010. "Comparing the performance of relative stock return differential and real exchange rate in two financial crises," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1-2), pages 137-150.
- Issam Abdalla & Victor Murinde, 1997. "Exchange rate and stock price interactions in emerging financial markets: evidence on India, Korea, Pakistan and the Philippines," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 25-35.
- Chaker Aloui, 2007. "Price and volatility spillovers between exchange rates and stock indexes for the pre- and post-euro period," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 669-685.
- Gavin, Michael, 1989. "The stock market and exchange rate dynamics," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 181-200, June.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2004.
"‘General Diagnostic Tests for Cross Section Dependence in Panels’,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0435, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2004. "General Diagnostic Tests for Cross Section Dependence in Panels," IZA Discussion Papers 1240, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2004. "General Diagnostic Tests for Cross Section Dependence in Panels," CESifo Working Paper Series 1229, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Sahar Bahmani, 2015. "Nonlinear ARDL Approach and the Demand for Money in Iran," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 381-391.
- Hsu, Chih-Chiang & Yau, Ruey & Wu, Jyun-Yi, 2009. "Asymmetric Exchange Rate Exposure and Industry Characteristics : Evidence from Japanese Data," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 50(1), pages 57-69, June.
- Cuestas Juan Carlos & Tang Bo, 2017.
"Asymmetric exchange rate exposure of stock returns: empirical evidence from Chinese industries,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 21(4), pages 1-21, September.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Bo Tang, 2015. "Asymmetric Exchange Rate Exposure of Stock Returns: Empirical Evidence from Chinese Industries," Working Papers 2015021, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Cuestas, Juan Carlos & Tang, Bo, 2016. "Asymmetric Exchange Rate Exposure of Stock Returns: Empirical Evidence from Chinese Industries," RIEI Working Papers 2016-03, Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, Research Institute for Economic Integration.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Rezitis, Anthony, 2001. "Asymmetric Cross-Market Volatility Spillovers: Evidence from Daily Data on Equity and Foreign Exchange Markets," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 69(0), pages 81-96, Supplemen.
- Gamini Premaratne & Prabhath Jayasinghe, 2005. "Exchange rate exposure of stock returns at firm level," International Finance 0503004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chow, Edward H & Lee, Wayne Y & Solt, Michael E, 1997. "The Exchange-Rate Risk Exposure of Asset Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(1), pages 105-123, January.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Martin, Anna D., 2003. "Asymmetric exchange rate exposure: theory and evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 365-383, June.
- Moore, Tomoe & Wang, Ping, 2014. "Dynamic linkage between real exchange rates and stock prices: Evidence from developed and emerging Asian markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-11.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley, 1980. "Exchange Rates and the Current Account," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 960-971, December.
- Pan, Ming-Shiun & Fok, Robert Chi-Wing & Liu, Y. Angela, 2007. "Dynamic linkages between exchange rates and stock prices: Evidence from East Asian markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 503-520.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Saha, Sujata, 2016. "Do exchange rate changes have symmetric or asymmetric effects on stock prices?," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 57-72.
- Mohsen Bahmani-oskooee & Hadise Fariditavana, 2014. "Do Exchange Rate Changes have Symmetric Effect on the S-Curve?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 164-173.
- Maddala, G S & Wu, Shaowen, 1999. " A Comparative Study of Unit Root Tests with Panel Data and a New Simple Test," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 631-652, Special I.
- Franke, Gunter, 1991. "Exchange rate volatility and international trading strategy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 292-307, June.
- Phylaktis, Kate & Ravazzolo, Fabiola, 2005. "Stock prices and exchange rate dynamics," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1031-1053, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:sek:jijobm:v:7:y:2019:i:1:p:25-47 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rate; Stock prices; Asymmetry; Panel ARDL; Non-linear ARDL;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cui:wpaper:0046. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adeoye Omosebi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceuibng.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.