Asymmetric Exchange Rate Exposure of Stock Returns: Empirical Evidence from Chinese Industries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cuestas Juan Carlos & Tang Bo, 2017. "Asymmetric exchange rate exposure of stock returns: empirical evidence from Chinese industries," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 21(4), pages 1-21, September.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Bo Tang, 2015. "Asymmetric Exchange Rate Exposure of Stock Returns: Empirical Evidence from Chinese Industries," Working Papers 2015021, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bo Tang, 2015.
"Exchange Rate Exposure of Chinese Firms at the Industry and Firm Level,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 592-607, August.
- Tang, Bo, 2014. "Exchange Rate Exposure of Chinese Firms at the Industry and Firm level," MPRA Paper 66008, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2015.
- Walid, Chkili & Chaker, Aloui & Masood, Omar & Fry, John, 2011. "Stock market volatility and exchange rates in emerging countries: A Markov-state switching approach," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 272-292, September.
- Wei, Yi-Ming & Liao, Hua & Fan, Ying, 2007. "An empirical analysis of energy efficiency in China's iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2262-2270.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Afees A. Salisu, 2018. "United we stand, divided we fall: A PANICCA test evidence for stock exchanges in OECD," Working Papers 049, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Ying Sophie Huang & Bo Tang, 2016.
"Does the Yuan's Overseas Expansion Increase the Currency Exposure of Chinese Financial Firms?,"
2016006, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Cuestas, Juan Carlos & Huang, Ying & Tang, Bo, 2016. "Does the Yuan’s Overseas Expansion Increase the Currency Exposure of Chinese Financial Firms?," MPRA Paper 70921, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lateef O. Akanni & Kazeem Isah, 2018. "Exchange Rate Movements on Sectoral Stock Prices of Nigerian Firms: Is there Evidence of Asymmetry?," Working Papers 046, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Saha, Sujata, 2016. "Do exchange rate changes have symmetric or asymmetric effects on stock prices?," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 57-72.
- Tang, Bo, 2018. "Does the currency exposure affect stock returns of Chinese automobile firms?," MPRA Paper 85125, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Siew-Pong Cheah & Thian-Hee Yiew & Cheong-Fatt Ng, 2017. "A nonlinear ARDL analysis on the relation between stock price and exchange rate in Malaysia," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 37(1), pages 336-346.
More about this item
KeywordsAsymmetric exchange rate exposure; stock returns; Chinese industries; NARDL;
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:xjt:rieiwp:2016-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paulo Regis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rixjtcn.html .