Culture-led City Brands as Economic Engines: Theory and Empirics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Miguel Kanai & Iliana Ortega-Alcázar, 2009. "The Prospects for Progressive Culture-Led Urban Regeneration in Latin America: Cases from Mexico City and Buenos Aires," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 483-501, June.
- Beatriz Plaza, 2006. "The Return on Investment of the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 452-467, June.
- Beatriz Plaza & Silke N. Haarich, 2015. "The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao: Between Regional Embeddedness and Global Networking," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(8), pages 1456-1475, August.
- María V. Gómez, 1998. "Reflective images: the case of urban regeneration in Glasgow and Bilbao," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 106-121, March.
- Allen J. Scott, 1997. "The Cultural Economy of Cities," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 323-339, June.
- Bruno Frey, 1998. "Superstar Museums: An Economic Analysis," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 22(2), pages 113-125, June.
- Beatriz Plaza, 2008. "On Some Challenges and Conditions for the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao to be an Effective Economic Re-activator," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 506-517, June.
- Jan Vang, 2008. "Editorial: Geography and the Cultural Economy," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(5), pages 589-592, September.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- Aksoy, Asu & Robins, Kevin, 1992. "Hollywood for the 21st Century: Global Competition for Critical Mass in Image Markets," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Gonzalez, Pilar & Moral, Paz, 1995. "An analysis of the international tourism demand in Spain," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 233-251, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beatriz Plaza & Catalina Gálvez-Galvez & Ana González-Flores & Jokin Jaca, 2016. "Repositioning through Culture: Testing Change in Connectivity Patterns," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-15, December.
- Matthias Firgo & Oliver Fritz, 2017.
"Does having the right visitor mix do the job? Applying an econometric shift-share model to regional tourism developments,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 58(3), pages 469-490, May.
- Matthias Firgo & Oliver Fritz, 2016. "Does Having the Right Visitor Mix Do the Job? Applying an Econometric Shift-share Model to Regional Tourism Developments," WIFO Working Papers 517, WIFO.
- Ibon Aranburu & Beatriz Plaza & Marisol Esteban, 2016. "Sustainable Cultural Tourism in Urban Destinations: Does Space Matter?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-14, July.
More about this item
KeywordsIconic Art Museums; Image Markets; Urban Economics; Branding Effectiveness;
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2013-10-11 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-IPR-2013-10-11 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MKT-2013-10-11 (Marketing)
- NEP-TUR-2013-10-11 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-10-11 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cue:wpaper:awp-05-2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juan Prieto-Rodriguez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aceiiea.html .