On Some Challenges and Conditions for the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao to be an Effective Economic Re-activator
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Beatriz Plaza, 2006. "The Return on Investment of the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 452-467, June.
- Aspa Gospodini, 2001. "Urban Design, Urban Space Morphology, Urban Tourism: An Emerging New Paradigm Concerning Their Relationship," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(7), pages 925-934, October.
- Alberto Abadie & Javier Gardeazabal, 2003. "The Economic Costs of Conflict: A Case Study of the Basque Country," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 113-132, March.
- Beatriz Plaza, 2002. "A Note on "Panorama of the Basque Country and its Competence for Self-government": Terrorism and the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao Effect," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 383-389, April.
- JosÃ© M. Barrutia & Carmen Echebarria, 2007. "Regional Network for Quality Promotion: A Case-study of the Basque Country," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 429-451, April.
- Mark Lorenzen, 2007. "Social Capital and Localised Learning: Proximity and Place in Technological and Institutional Dynamics," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 44(4), pages 799-817, April.
- Jesus Ferreiro & Felipe Serrano, 2001. "The Spanish Labour Market: Reforms and consequences," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 31-53.
- Philip Cooke & Dafna Schwartz, 2007. "Key Drivers of Contemporary Innovation and Creativity," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(9), pages 1139-1141, October.
- A. Altuzarra & C. Puerta & F. Serrano, 2007. "Evaluating the Relative Innovative Position of European Union Member Countries: An Empirical Analysis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 175-188.
- Lorenzo Vicario & P. Manuel Martinez Monje, 2003. "Another 'Guggenheim Effect'? The Generation of a Potentially Gentrifiable Neighbourhood in Bilbao," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 40(12), pages 2383-2400, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Franklin, Adrian, 2016. "Journeys to the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao: Towards a revised Bilbao Effect," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 79-92.
- repec:eee:touman:v:52:y:2016:i:c:p:110-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- JG. Brida & M. Meleddu & M. Pulina, 2011. "Museum visitors can be regarded as specific cultural tourists? A length of stay analysis," Working Paper CRENoS 201114, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Roberto Cellini & Tiziana Cuccia, 2013.
"Museum and monument attendance and tourism flow: a time series analysis approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(24), pages 3473-3482, August.
- Cellini, Roberto & Cuccia, Tiziana, 2009. "Museum and monument attendance and tourism flow: A time series analysis approach," MPRA Paper 18908, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonio Russo & Alan Quaglieri DomÃnguez, 2012. "The nexus between creative workforce and economic development: looking for the causal relation," ERSA conference papers ersa12p364, European Regional Science Association.
- Brida, Juan Gabriel & Monterubbianesi, Pablo Daniel & Zapata Aguirre, Sandra, 2012.
"Análisis de los factores que afectan la repetición de la visita a una atracción cultural: una aplicación al museo de Antioquia
[Analysis of factors affecting repeat visit to a cultural attraction: ," MPRA Paper 37622, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pier Luigi Sacco & Alessandro Crociata, 2013. "A Conceptual Regulatory Framework for the Design and Evaluation of Complex, Participative Cultural Planning Strategies," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(5), pages 1688-1706, September.
- JG. Brida & M. Pulina & E. RiaÃ±o, 2010. "Visitors' experience in a modern art museum: a structural equation model," Working Paper CRENoS 201026, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Hoge Franziska & Kreisel Werner & Reeh Tobias, 2011. "Das MARTa in Herford – ,Guggenheim- Bilbao-Effekt’ für die Stadtentwicklung?," Zeitschrift für Tourismuswissenschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 69-74, May.
- Beatriz Plaza & Pilar González-Casimiro & Paz Moral-Zuazo & Courtney Waldron, 2015. "Culture-led city brands as economic engines: theory and empirics," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(1), pages 179-196, January.
- José M. Barrutia & Carmen Echebarria, 2010. "Developing a New Framework to Explain Transverse Evolution of Knowledge‐Driven Regional Policy Networks," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(4), pages 906-924, December.
- Beatriz Plaza & Pilar Gonzalez-Casimiro & Paz Moral-Zuazo & Courtney Waldron, 2013. "Culture-led City Brands as Economic Engines: Theory and Empirics," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-05-2013, Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Oct 2013.
- Miguel Kanai & Iliana Ortega-Alcázar, 2009. "The Prospects for Progressive Culture-Led Urban Regeneration in Latin America: Cases from Mexico City and Buenos Aires," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 483-501, June.
- Federica Codignola, 2011. "Contemporary Art Firms and Value Creation in Global Cities," Symphonya. Emerging Issues in Management, University of Milano-Bicocca, issue 2 Global , pages 48-59.
- Plaza, Beatriz & Haarich, Silke, 2008. "The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao in scientific journals: Asymmetries between the American art perspective and the European regional planning viewpoint," MPRA Paper 10751, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ijurrs:v:32:y:2008:i:2:p:506-517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0309-1317 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.