Paying for the liberal state : the rise of public finance in nineteenth century Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul M. Romer, 1994. "The Origins of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 3-22, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Richard M. Bird, 2014. "Sustainable development requires a good tax system," Chapters,in: Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?, chapter 1, pages 1-24 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Timothy C Irwin, 2013. "Shining a Light on the Mysteries of State; The Origins of Fiscal Transparency in Western Europe," IMF Working Papers 13/219, International Monetary Fund.
- Javier San-Julián-Arrupe, 2011. "Economic ideas and redistributive policy in the Spanish parliament: the 1900 debate on fiscal progressivity," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1102, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Hantke, Max & Spoerer, Mark, 2010. "The imposed gift of Versailles: the fiscal effects of restricting the size of Germany’s armed forces, 1924–1929," MPRA Paper 20054, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Comín, Francisco, 2012. "Default, rescheduling and inflation : debt crisis in Spain during the 19th and 20th centuries," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp12-06, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
More about this item
KeywordsNineteenth Century Europe;
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N43 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O23 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2009-07-03 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-PBE-2009-07-03 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:whrepe:wp09-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda). General contact details of provider: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/instituto_figuerola .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .