Public Education and Democracy in a Simple Model of Persistent Inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1996. "Public Provision of Private Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 57-84, February.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B, 1992. "Public versus Private Investment in Human Capital Endogenous Growth and Income Inequality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 818-834, August.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-927, October.
- Oded Galor & Joseph Zeira, 1993. "Income Distribution and Macroeconomics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 35-52.
- Oded, Galor, 2011.
"Inequality, Human Capital Formation, and the Process of Development,"
Handbook of the Economics of Education,
- Oded Galor, 2011. "Inequality, Human Capital Formation and the Process of Development," NBER Working Papers 17058, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Galor, Oded, 2012. "Inequality, Human Capital Formation and the Process of Development," IZA Discussion Papers 6328, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oded Galor, 2011. "Inequality, Human Capital Formation and the Process of Development," Working Papers 2011-7, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Usher, Dan, 1977.
"The welfare economics of the socialization of commodities,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 151-168, October.
- Dan Usher, 1976. "The Welfare Economics of the Socialization of Commodities," Working Papers 218, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Nakajima, Tetsuya & Nakamura, Hideki, 2009. "The price of education and inequality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 183-185, November.
- Acemoglu,Daron & Robinson,James A., 2009. "Economic Origins of Dictatorship and Democracy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521671422, April.
- Moav, Omer, 2002. "Income distribution and macroeconomics: the persistence of inequality in a convex technology framework," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 187-192, April.
- Romer, Thomas, 1975. "Individual welfare, majority voting, and the properties of a linear income tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 163-185, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nakamura, Hideki, 2015. "Which education policies can prevent the collapse of the middle-income group?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 1-10.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic education; persistent inequality; democracy;
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2012-09-22 (Education)
- NEP-PBE-2012-09-22 (Public Economics)
- NEP-POL-2012-09-22 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crt:wpaper:1204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kostis Pigounakis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuchgr.html .