On the Stationarity of Dynamic Conditional Correlation Models
We provide conditions for the existence and the unicity of strictly stationary solutions of the usual Dynamic Conditional Correlation GARCH models (DCC-GARCH). The proof is based on Tweedie's (1988) criteria, after having rewritten DCC-GARCH models as nonlinear Markov chains. Moreover, we study the existence of their finite moments
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01 41 17 60 81
Web page: http://www.crest.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "Modelling the Coherence in Short-run Nominal Exchange Rates: A Multivariate Generalized ARCH Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 498-505, August.
- Ling, Shiqing & McAleer, Michael, 2003.
"Asymptotic Theory For A Vector Arma-Garch Model,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 280-310, April.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Michael McAleer, 2013.
"Ten Things You Should Know about the Dynamic Conditional Correlation Representation,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(1), pages 115-126, June.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Michael McAleer, 2013. "Ten Things You Should Know About the Dynamic Conditional Correlation Representation," KIER Working Papers 870, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Michael McAleer, 2013. "Ten Things You Should Know About the Dynamic Conditional Correlation Representation," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2013-21, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Michael McAleer, 2013. "Ten Things You Should Know About the Dynamic Conditional Correlation Representation," Working Papers in Economics 13/21, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Caporin, M. & McAleer, M.J., 2013. "Ten Things You Should Know About the Dynamic Conditional Correlation Representation," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2013-21, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Monica Billio & Massimiliano Caporin & Michele Gobbo, 2006. "Flexible Dynamic Conditional Correlation multivariate GARCH models for asset allocation," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 123-130, March.
- Christian Hafner & Philip Hans Franses, 2009. "A Generalized Dynamic Conditional Correlation Model: Simulation and Application to Many Assets," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(6), pages 612-631.
- Maria Kasch & Massimiliano Caporin, 2008.
"Volatility Threshold Dynamic Conditional Correlations: An International Analysis,"
"Marco Fanno" Working Papers
0065, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Maria Kasch & Massimiliano Caporin, 2013. "Volatility Threshold Dynamic Conditional Correlations: An International Analysis," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 11(4), pages 706-742, September.
- BAUWENS, Luc & otranto, EDOARDO, 2013.
"Modeling the dependence of conditional correlations on volatility,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2013014, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- L. Bauwens & E. Otranto, 2013. "Modeling the Dependence of Conditional Correlations on Volatility," Working Paper CRENoS 201304, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20130078 is not listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- Lorenzo Cappiello & Robert F. Engle & Kevin Sheppard, 2006.
"Asymmetric Dynamics in the Correlations of Global Equity and Bond Returns,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(4), pages 537-572.
- Sheppard, Kevin & Cappiello, Lorenzo & Engle, Robert F., 2003. "Asymmetric dynamics in the correlations of global equity and bond returns," Working Paper Series 0204, European Central Bank.
- Gian Piero Aielli, 2013. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: On Properties and Estimation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 282-299, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpaper:2013-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.