Ten Things We Should Know About Time Series
Time series data affect many aspects of our lives. This paper highlights ten things we should all know about time series, namely: a good working knowledge of econometrics and statistics, an awareness of measurement errors, testing for zero frequency, seasonal and periodic unit roots, analysing fractionally integrated and long memory processes, estimating VARFIMA models, using and interpreting cointegrating models carefully, choosing sensibly among univariate conditional, stochastic and realized volatility models, not confusing thresholds, asymmetry and leverage, not underestimating the complexity of multivariate volatility models, and thinking carefully about forecasting models and expertise
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 25 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (02)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0950-0804|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0950-0804|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael McAleer, 2005. "The ten commandments for ranking university quality," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 649-653, 09.
- Michael McAleer & Les Oxley, 2005. "The Ten Commandments for Academics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(5), pages 823-826, December.
- McAleer, Michael & Oxley, Les, 2002. " The Ten Commandments for Presenting a Conference Paper," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 215-218, April.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1988. "Things That Bother Me," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 64(187), pages 331-335, December.
- McAleer, Michael & Oxley, Les, 2001. " The Ten Commandments for Attending a Conference," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 671-678, December.
- McAleer, Michael, 1997. " The Ten Commandments for Organizing a Conference," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 231-233, June.