What Determines Attitudes to Immigration in European Countries? An Analysis at the Regional Level
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Markaki, Yvonni & Longhi, Simonetta, 2012. "What determines attitudes to immigration in European countries? An analysis at the regional level," ISER Working Paper Series 2012-25, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Yvonni Markaki & Simonetta Longhi, 2012. "What Determines Attitudes to Immigration in European Countries? An Analysis at the Regional Level," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2012032, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:104:y:2010:i:01:p:61-84_99 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simonetta Longhi & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2005.
"A Meta-Analytic Assessment of the Effect of Immigration on Wages,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 451-477, July.
- Simonetta Longhi & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2004. "A Meta-Analytic Assessment of the Effect of Immigration on Wages," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-134/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Simonetta Longhi & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2004. "A Meta-Analytic Assessment of the Effect of Immigration on Wages," Population Studies Centre Discussion Papers dp-47, University of Waikato, Population Studies Centre.
- Francisco Herreros & Henar Criado, 2009. "Social Trust, Social Capital and Perceptions of Immigration," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 57, pages 337-355, June.
- Catalina Amuedo‐Dorantes & Thitima Puttitanun, 2011.
"Gender Differences In Native Preferences Toward Undocumented And Legal Immigration: Evidence From San Diego,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(1), pages 31-45, January.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Puttitanun, Thitima, 2009. "Gender Differences in Native Preferences towards Undocumented and Legal Immigration: Evidence from San Diego," IZA Discussion Papers 4616, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bell, Brian & Nickell, Stephen & Quintini, Glenda, 2002.
"Wage equations, wage curves and all that,"
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 341-360, July.
- B Bell & Stephen Nickell & Glenda Quintini, 2000. "Wage Equations, Wage Curves and All That," CEP Discussion Papers dp0472, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bell, Brian & Nickell, Stephen & Quintini, Glenda, 2000. "Wage equations, wage curves and all that," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20165, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Correia, Mark E., 2010. "Determinants of attitudes toward police of Latino immigrants and non-immigrants," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 99-107, January.
- Loris Vezzali & Dino Giovannini, 2011. "Intergroup contact and reduction of explicit and implicit prejudice toward immigrants: a study with Italian businessmen owning small and medium enterprises," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 213-222, January.
- Dustmann, Christian & Preston, Ian, 2001.
"Attitudes to Ethic Minorities, Ethnic Context and Location Decisions,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 353-373, April.
- Dustmann, Christian & Preston, Ian, 1998. "Attitudes to Ethnic Minorities, Ethnic Context and Location Decisions," CEPR Discussion Papers 1942, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hainmueller, Jens & Hiscox, Michael J., 2007.
"Educated Preferences: Explaining Attitudes Toward Immigration in Europe,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(02), pages 399-442, April.
- Jens Hainmueller & Michael J. Hiscox, 2005. "Educated Preferences: Explaining Attitudes Toward Immigration in Europe," Others 0505013, EconWPA.
- István Kónya, 2005. "Minorities and majorities: a dynamic model of assimilation," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1431-1452, November.
- Markaki, Yvonni, 2012. "Sources of anti-immigration attitudes in the United Kingdom: the impact of population, labour market and skills context," ISER Working Paper Series 2012-24, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:65:y:1971:i:02:p:401-417_13 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:01:p:35-49_00 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kevin Denny & Cormac Ó Gráda, 2016. "Immigration, Asylum, and Gender: Ireland and Beyond," Working Papers 201604, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Hatton, Timothy J., 2014.
"Public Opinion on Immigration: Has the Recession Changed Minds?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8248, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hatton, Timothy J., 2014. "Public Opinion on Immigration: Has the Recession Changed Minds?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10008, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marisa Hidalgo, 2015. "Poverty in adulthood: personal and context factors. Evidence from some European countries," Working Papers 15.14, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Slobodan Djajic & Michael S. Michael, 2014.
"International Migration of Skilled Workers with Endogenous Policies,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4748, CESifo Group Munich.
- Slobodan Djajić & Michael S. Michael, 2014. "International Migration of Skilled Workers with Endogenous Policies," IHEID Working Papers 09-2014, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Kristyn Frank & Feng Hou & Grant Schellenberg, 2016. "Life Satisfaction Among Recent Immigrants in Canada: Comparisons to Source-Country and Host-Country Populations," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 1659-1680, August.
- Braakmann Nils & Wildman John & Waqas Muhammad, 2017. "Are Immigrants in Favour of Immigration? Evidence from England and Wales," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 17(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Hansen, Ole-Petter Moe & Legge, Stefan, 2017. "Quantifying Determinants of Immigration Preferences," Economics Working Paper Series 1710, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Economidou, Claire & Karamanis, Dimitris & Kechrinioti, Alexandra & Xesfingi, Sofia, 2017. "What Shapes Europeans’ Attitudes toward Xeno-philia(/phobia)?," MPRA Paper 76511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ole-Petter Moe Hansen & Stefan Legge, 2016. "Drawbridges Down: Altruism and Immigration Preferences," CESifo Working Paper Series 6204, CESifo Group Munich.
- Calahorrano Lena & an de Meulen Philipp, 2015. "The Interdependence of Immigration Restrictions and Expropriation Risk," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 15(4), pages 2047-2077, October.
- Gisela Waisman & Birthe Larsen, 2016. "Income, amenities and negative attitudes," IZA Journal of Migration, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-32, December.
More about this item
KeywordsAnti-immigration attitudes; Regional characteristics; Europe.;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R19 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-06 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crm:wpaper:1233. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CReAM Administrator) or (Thomas Cornelissen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmucluk.html .