Sources of anti-immigration attitudes in the United Kingdom: the impact of population, labour market and skills context
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Borjas, George J., 1999. "The economic analysis of immigration," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 28, pages 1697-1760 Elsevier.
- Kenneth F. Scheve & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2001. "Labor Market Competition And Individual Preferences Over Immigration Policy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 133-145, February.
- Hopkins, Daniel J., 2011. "National Debates, Local Responses: The Origins of Local Concern about Immigration in Britain and the United States," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(03), pages 499-524, July.
- David Coleman & Robert Rowthorn, 2004. "The Economic Effects of Immigration into the United Kingdom," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 30(4), pages 579-624.
- Dustmann, Christian & Frattini, Tommaso, 2011.
"Immigration: The European Experience,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6261, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Dustmann & Tommaso Frattini, 2012. "Immigration: The European Experience," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2012001, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Christian Dustmann & Tommaso Frattini, 2011. "Immigration: The European Experience," Development Working Papers 326, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 27 Dec 2011.
- Christian Dustmann & Tommaso Frattini, 2011. "Immigration: The European Experience," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1122, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:01:p:35-49_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ron Johnston, 2005. "On journals," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(1), pages 2-8, January.
- Francisco Herreros & Henar Criado, 2009. "Social Trust, Social Capital and Perceptions of Immigration," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 57, pages 337-355, June.
- Bowyer, Benjamin T., 2009. "The Contextual Determinants of Whites’ Racial Attitudes in England," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(03), pages 559-586, July.
- Hainmueller, Jens & Hiscox, Michael J., 2007.
"Educated Preferences: Explaining Attitudes Toward Immigration in Europe,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(02), pages 399-442, April.
- Jens Hainmueller & Michael J. Hiscox, 2005. "Educated Preferences: Explaining Attitudes Toward Immigration in Europe," Others 0505013, EconWPA.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:65:y:1971:i:02:p:401-417_13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Dustmann & Francesca Fabbri & Ian Preston, 2005. "The Impact of Immigration on the British Labour Market," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(507), pages 324-341, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yvonni Markaki & Simonetta Longhi, 2012.
"What Determines Attitudes to Immigration in European Countries? An Analysis at the Regional Level,"
CReAM Discussion Paper Series
1233, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Markaki, Yvonni & Longhi, Simonetta, 2012. "What determines attitudes to immigration in European countries? An analysis at the regional level," ISER Working Paper Series 2012-25, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Yvonni Markaki & Simonetta Longhi, 2012. "What Determines Attitudes to Immigration in European Countries? An Analysis at the Regional Level," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2012032, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-12-06 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2012-12-06 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ese:iserwp:2012-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jonathan Nears). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rcessuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.