The determinants of youth unemployment. A panel data analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blanchflower, David G. & Freeman, Richard B. (ed.), 2000. "Youth Employment and Joblessness in Advanced Countries," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226056586, March.
- David G. Blanchflower & Richard B. Freeman, 2000. "Youth Employment and Joblessness in Advanced Countries," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number blan00-1, Juni.
- Quintini, Glenda & Martin, John P. & Martin, Sébastien, 2007. "The Changing Nature of the School-to-Work Transition Process in OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 2582, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- David Roodman, 2009.
"How to do xtabond2: An introduction to difference and system GMM in Stata,"
Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 9(1), pages 86-136, March.
- David Roodman, 2006. "How to Do xtabond2: An Introduction to "Difference" and "System" GMM in Stata," Working Papers 103, Center for Global Development.
- Gómez-Salvador, Ramón & Leiner-Killinger, Nadine, 2008. "An analysis of youth unemployment in the euro area," Occasional Paper Series 89, European Central Bank.
- Enrico Marelli & Roberto Patuelli & Marcello Signorelli, 2012.
"Regional unemployment in the EU before and after the global crisis,"
Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 155-175, January.
- E. Marelli & R. Patuelli & M. Signorelli, 2011. "Regional Unemployment in the EU before and after the Global Crisis," Working Papers wp791, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Enrico Marelli & Roberto Patuelli & Marcello Signorelli, 2011. "Regional Unemployment in the EU before and after the Global Crisis," Working Paper series 39_11, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jan 2012.
- Francesco Pastore, 2009. "School-to-Work Transitions in Mongolia," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 6(2), pages 245-264, December.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- David Roodman, 2009. "A Note on the Theme of Too Many Instruments," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 71(1), pages 135-158, February.
- Eng Seng Loh, 1994. "Employment Probation as a Sorting Mechanism," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 47(3), pages 471-486, April.
- Stephen Nickell & Luca Nunziata & Wolfgang Ochel, 2005. "Unemployment in the OECD Since the 1960s. What Do We Know?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(500), pages 1-27, January.
- Joachim Vogel, 2002. "European Welfare regimes and the transition to adulthood: A comparative and longitudinal perspective," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 59(3), pages 275-299, September.
- Andrea Bassanini & Luca Nunziata & Danielle Venn, 2009.
"Job protection legislation and productivity growth in OECD countries,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 24, pages 349-402, April.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Nunziata, Luca & Venn, Danielle, 2008. "Job Protection Legislation and Productivity Growth in OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 3555, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Paul Ryan, 2001. "The School-to-Work Transition: A Cross-National Perspective," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(1), pages 34-92, March.
- O'Higgins, Niall, 2001. "Youth unemployment and employment policy: a global perspective," MPRA Paper 23698, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heckman, James J & Borjas, George J, 1980. "Does Unemployment Cause Future Unemployment? Definitions, Questions and Answers from a Continuous Time Model of Heterogeneity and State Dependence," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 47(187), pages 247-283, August.
- Stephen Nickell, 1997. "Unemployment and Labor Market Rigidities: Europe versus North America," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 55-74, Summer.
- Paul Ryan, 2001. "The School-to-Work Transition: A Cross-National Perspective: Corrigendum," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 767-767, September.
- Giovanni S F Bruno & Enrico Marelli & Marcello Signorelli, 2014. "The Rise of NEET and Youth Unemployment in EU Regions after the Crisis," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 56(4), pages 592-615, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iulian CONDRATOV, 2016. "Research Concerning The Effects Of The Public Policies On The Unemployment Among The Young People In The North-East Region Of Romania," EcoForum, "Stefan cel Mare" University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration - Economy, Business Administration and Tourism Department., vol. 5(2), pages 1-46, July.
- Francesco Pastore, 2015.
"The European Youth Guarantee: labor market context, conditions and opportunities in Italy,"
IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Pastore, Francesco, 2015. "The European Youth Guarantee: Labor Market Context, Conditions and Opportunities in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 8921, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- MURSA Gabriel Claudiu & IACOBUȚĂ Andreea-Oana & ZANET Maria, 2018. "An Eu Level Analysis Of Several Youth Unemployment Related Factors," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 13(3), pages 105-117, December.
- Marco Manacorda & Furio Camillo Rosati & Marco Ranzani & Giuseppe Dachille, 2017.
"Pathways from school to work in the developing world,"
IZA Journal of Labor & Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 6(1), pages 1-40, December.
- Manacorda, Marco & Rosati, Furio C. & Ranzani, Marco & Dachille, Giuseppe, 2015. "Pathways from School to Work in the Developing World," IZA Discussion Papers 9456, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Manacorda, Marco & Rosati, Furio Camillo & Ranzani, Marco & Dachille, Giuseppe, 2017. "Pathways from school to work in the developing world," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69212, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Iulian CONDRATOV, 2016. "Analysis Regarding The Influence Of The Economic Environment On The Unemployment Variety Among The Young People In The North-East Region Of Romania," EcoForum, "Stefan cel Mare" University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration - Economy, Business Administration and Tourism Department., vol. 5(1), pages 1-49, January.
- Mert TOPCU & LÃ¼tfi BÄ°Ã‡Ä°MVEREN, 2020. "Regional Youth Unemployment in Turkey: Do Determinants Vary by Gender?," Journal of Economic Policy Researches, Istanbul University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 7(2), pages 51-67, July.
- Despina Tumanoska, 2019. "The Validity of Okun¡¯s Law in North Macedonia," Business and Economic Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 9(2), pages 160-168, June.
- Iulian CONDRATOV, 2016. "Study Concerning The Correlation Between The Education System Performances And The Unemployment Among The Young People In The North-East Region Of Romania," EcoForum, "Stefan cel Mare" University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration - Economy, Business Administration and Tourism Department., vol. 5(Special I), pages 1-26, august.
- Joan Miquel Verd & Oriol Barranco & Mireia Bolíbar, 2019. "Youth unemployment and employment trajectories in Spain during the Great Recession: what are the determinants?," Journal for Labour Market Research, Springer;Institute for Employment Research/ Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), vol. 53(1), pages 1-20, December.
More about this item
KeywordsYouth Unemployment; Youth Experience Gap; School-to-Work Transition Regimes; Dynamic Panel Data Analysis; System GMM.;
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EUR-2015-05-02 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crj:dpaper:2_2015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Margherita Gallo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crnavit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.